Silver Cloud review

ging466

Thanks for the Review.Hope things improve as we join our favourite crew on the Cloud on 20 JulyWe have usually enjoyed the food and atmosphere when dining in La Terraza hope the chef has changed since your trip !

Thanks for your review. We, too, will be sailing on the Cloud on July 20th and hope we are not disappointed. We are familiar with the small bathrooms, having sailed once before on the Wind, which I believe is a sister ship.

We had no complaints at all with the food on the Wind, except perhaps that we ate too much of it. Is there any possibility that they would change out the chefs in La Terrazza on the Cloud before July 20th :)?

Funny,you mentioning all the people that were complaining about the food on the ship,and here you are, telling us that the food was not up to standard.;)

Lord, I actually gave the dining 5 stars, yes there were a few crap meals but by and large I enjoyed the food very much and my waistline certainly confirmed it.:)

The passengers were a different kettle of fish to what I have experienced previously on SS.

Cheers

Jennifer

Thanx, Jennifer. I know she is old and overdue for drydock but I love her anyway! The crew is terrific.

That's odd!

Based on the cruise just concluded, I doubt that you will have any complaints about the ship's interior.

Thanks for the review, Jennifer. Sounds kind of like a mixed bag, but seems you enjoyed for the most part. We are back on the Wind after a few years and lots of trips on Whisper, Shadow and Spirit. I hope we still love the small ship experience. It was one of our favorite cruises ever when we did Wind, and I expect it to be in better shape than Cloud. I found Spirit to have changed even in a few short months from sailing one to two for us, as they tried to get rid of its own personality and make it a big Whisper. I hope the little ships haven't become little Whisper and that they kept their distinct, intimate personality that we so much loved.

We have previously compared in great detail the newbuild Spirit to the Shadow/Whisper, those being the ships we had been on. The general conclusion is that the Spirit is more modernistic but less luxurious than the Shadow/Whisper, and while the former has adequate "public space", this is more heavily used than the latter (and the space ratio numbers show that).

We have not been on the Cloud/Wind (and not likely to have the money to try but still curious from the point of "case study"), can you folks who have that experience make a comparsion between the Spirit and the Cloud/Wind? The space ratios in that comparison will be more "favourable". Of course, the difference in "intimacy" will be vast, given the disparity in size.

can you folks who have that experience make a comparsion between the Spirit and the Cloud/Wind? The space ratios in that comparison will be more "favourable". Of course, the difference in "intimacy" will be vast, given the disparity in size.

Hi meow!

I really don't think u can compare the 2, they are just so different. I really loved the Spirit because it's brand new however I would definitely sail on the Cloud again after its refurb because the crew are so nice.

It also depends on what you like. I met some people on the Cloud who would never sail on the Spirit because they love the Cloud so much.

For me, it doesn't matter because I like the SS experience.:)

Cheers

Jennifer

imo one of the most important things a luxury line should offer is consistency of product. So no matter whether I board the Cloud or the Spirit I should experience the same quality of food and service, the same kind of updated decor, the same kind of entertainment. The website and brochures certainly make no distinction between the ships' standards.

So much has been written about the Cloud -will let you know if anything has changed in April - I do hope NOT! We are on for a 16 night panama canal starting April 9th....and we are throughly looking forward to another GREAT Silversea cruise!

We love Silversea - have done the Seabourn Odessey in between Silversea cruises this past year and while Seabourn is beautiful, we love the service on Silversea! Even with the 'jumper' a few years ago on Silversea - wow - great customer service and amazing crew!! I will be SO disappointed if everything has changed! Really doubt it has!

I think we are the FEW CC'ers on this cruise - come join us!!

Archived