Have purchased a bev package and now have a question...

waterloogirl

Hello all,

We have purchased the classic bev package for our saling next month and there are a few wine options that I see that I really like but are over the $8 per glass cap. Can I order these wines and have the variance charged to my account (i.e. if the cost of my wine preference is $10 per glass, will I be covered for $8 and be charged $2 to my account?) ? Or perhaps this is not an option at all... anyone with experience? Many thanks!!! ;)

Hello all,

We have purchased the classic bev package for our saling next month and there are a few wine options that I see that I really like but are over the $8 per glass cap. Can I order these wines and have the variance charged to my account (i.e. if the cost of my wine preference is $10 per glass, will I be covered for $8 and be charged $2 to my account?) ? Or perhaps this is not an option at all... anyone with experience? Many thanks!!! ;)

No, if you have a drink that costs more than $8 you will be charged the whole amount + 15 %

We had a premium package on our cruise in January so we did not have that problem.

But in talking to some people at the bar one evening thay asked if they could have a couple of martini's $10 each and pay the difference. The bartender told them that ony drink up to $8 could eb purcahsed but if they still wanted the martini's they would be charged the full $10 each .

Don't know if this is what others have discovered .

Scotslizzy

You would be charged the full $10 for a $10 glass of wine, not the $2 differential.

I was just on the Solstice and you are correct, they just charge you full price for the drink and gratuity. They also have a wine package for wine drinkers. If you get the Premium package is the best one of all. Also if you want to change your package its easy to do at the beginning of the cruise, they push them like crazy on the first 3 days. Just go to a bar and they can change it. :rolleyes:

We had the premium package onboard however.....the list posted prior is an EXAMPLE and while they have many of the items....Many also had substituted as they were out of stock or were trying new wines etc. Also, different specialty restaurants may only serve some wines and the main dining room has their own lists.

My advice is to wait until onboard.....Try out a few of the wines they actually have and will be serving, then make your decision at that point. That way you don't spend $$ you don't need to.

We had the premium package and are big wine drinkers yet we found some excellent wines that would have been on the basic package which we drank as well.

FYI. Happy Sails!

Archived