what to do??

DustFSU

My parents have been to Barbados, but this will be mine and my wifes first time. They said there isn't too much to do on the island. Can someone tell me if there is a beach within walking distance from where we dock? Or anything we can walk around and see if we wanted to get off and explore, or do we need to get a cab to get to places. Any help would be good.

My parents have been to Barbados, but this will be mine and my wifes first time. They said there isn't too much to do on the island. Can someone tell me if there is a beach within walking distance from where we dock? Or anything we can walk around and see if we wanted to get off and explore, or do we need to get a cab to get to places. Any help would be good.

A 10 min walk to the bus depot and you can get around cheap. There are some great beaches, tutrles in the water, and good snorkeling.

barbados is a beautiful island. I suggest hiring a taxi (you can share it with other people) and doing a tour: go to crane beach, it is magnificent, there is much to see and you won't regret it.

Find a cab that will take you over to Bathsheba on the Atlantic side as well, some amazing water carved rock formations. Beautiful.

We loved it there and thought there was plenty to do.

Check out Glory Tours. They have a marvelous tour to Harrison's Cave with several other stops. They pick you up at the pier and return you.

They have different tours to choose from.

Enjoy. Barbados is beautiful.

My wife & I just got back from a Grand Princess cruise that included Barbados on March 21, 2011. We booked the "Experience Barbados Tour" with the Option B that includes "Swimming with Turtles and the Glass Bottom Boat Cruise" with Glory Tours and were very pleased. David met us just outside the port, and we were the only ones for the tour so we had a private tour. We did everything the tour advertised. The snorkeling was good and the turtles friendly! I can highly recommend David and this tour.

Archived