Merabella luxury shop???

I will be on the westerdam in a couple of weeks and am wondering if they still have the merabella jewelry shop? If so, what is the deal? I've heard on here that not a lot of people buy from them...is there another jewelry store on board? Does anyone know any of the brands that are carried in merabella? Any thoughts? I usually buy jewelry on board and in ports if I find something I like but I haven't heard many positive comments on merabella.

Been on the Westerdam last fall. Bought a lovely necklace at Merabella's on board, it was from the Levian chocolate diamond collection. Could have got this same necklace at the mall here, but it's a delightful reminder of the cruise we were on. Now we did not pay the price it was marked, as I knew the value and the sale price here at home and got a good price after some fun haggleing and they gave us a bottle of champagne to celebrate the sale. A nice way to spend a couple of hours on a sea day. My husband likes to indulge me.

Purchased a Swarovski charm bracelet onboard the Volendam during our AK cruise. There are a variety of types of fashion jewellery, along with gold by the inch ( actually goldplated ). This bracelet does hold a warm memory for me...I may have saved a wee bit on the purchase price, but not a significant saving,

Marilyn

Yes, there are other jewelry stores, both real and fashion. It's all expensive. I don't know how they stay in business...EM

But, it could be a deal for someone who has OBC, and not interesed in the Spa or alcohol, etc.

Thanks everyone for all of the info! As soon as I posted this last night, I noticed the thumbs down icon...I don't know who put it on here unless it was accidentally me...Looking forward to my cruise and whatever treasures I find.

Just for kicks, could you see if they still have the lovely oval tanzanite ring surrounded by small diamonds that sold for the low, low price of $9,000? (It was really pretty, but that's at least four week-long cruises.):rolleyes:

Archived