Where is the train

believer33323

Hi, I'm trying to look for the White Pass railroad trip. When I look at the RCCL web site it only has the railroad with other excursions attached to it. The one that is advertised it #SK01. It is not there anymore. DO they remove the options if it is booked up or did they change it. We just want to go on the White pass train ride out of Skagway and nothing else. I see that I can book directly, but would rather book through the RCCL due to the ability of cancelling up to 4 days in advance and the guarantee I will not miss our ship if late.

When is your cruise? Sometimes excursions aren't available until closer to sailing date, but if it was there, and isn't now, I'd say it probably isn't available. Cruiselines do change what they contract in port from year to year. Or sometimes if you don't have enough time in port, they remove what you would not have time for, so even though it is a general excursion they offer, it wouldn't be available to you. I'd call RCCL and ask for the excursions desk, if you really want to book through them.

For just the White Pass Yukon Rail Road, it is easy to just walk to the station and purchase your own ticket though you say you don't want to do that.

This excursion will be available to book on board. I suggest you check back on your RCI shore excursion list, and look for updates. You should also be able to call direct. But, it is VERY unlikely that it is "sold" out, this tour has the potential to take thousands of passengers/day.

I agree with BQ, the likelihood of the train selling out is highly unlikely. You may care to wait to book until the day you arrive as that will give you the opportunity not to go it the weather inclement. I have never known the train to be late...but if it ever were you can be sure that there would be a large number of pax from your ship aboard the train on the ship's tour and the ship would not sail without them.

Archived