weather like at sea?

ukcats7

just wondering if anyone can tell me what the weather conditions are like at sea?

We are cruising in 9 days from Miami to Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

2 years ago we were on a cruise from CA to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta and it was freezing when at sea. Had to stay indoors.

Really not wanting that again, but would like to be better prepared clothing wise

My wife and I have sailed the Eastern and Western Carribbean in February, September, and October. The weather was warm enough to use the pools during the day. At night you will need a light jacket or sweatshirt. Cant do much about the weather just have to hope a cold wave does not hit.

I always get a chill at night when being on deck, even when the weather is hot during the day, so always pack at least a zip up hoodie or cardigan that can easily be slipped on and off.

You can't do much about the weather and its hard to say exactly what is going to be like (especially 9 days out). I would pack for summer temps and a day or two before you leave check out the weather forecasts to all the places where you are going and make adjustments then if you need to.

Have fun!

When are you cruising???

The OP said they were leaving in 9 days.

It will be warm and comfortable. Cruising the Cabo area in the Pacific is a whole lot different than in the Caribbean. We've always found the Pacific cruise area to be a lot cooler than anywhere in the Caribbean.

The OP said they were leaving in 9 days.

It will be warm and comfortable. Cruising the Cabo area in the Pacific is a whole lot different than in the Caribbean. We've always found the Pacific cruise area to be a lot cooler than anywhere in the Caribbean.

Excellent reply, and I completely agree! Caribbean weather at this time of year is wonderful! I cruised the Caribbean for many years during the last week of March. Not too hot, warm water, and little rain or humidity. I stopped in about 2003 due to the dreaded "Spring Breakers". It really depends on your cruise line, though. Hope you're not going on Carnival or Royal. Enjoy your cruise!

Excellent reply, and I completely agree! Caribbean weather at this time of year is wonderful! I cruised the Caribbean for many years during the last week of March. Not too hot, warm water, and little rain or humidity. I stopped in about 2003 due to the dreaded "Spring Breakers". It really depends on your cruise line, though. Hope you're not going on Carnival or Royal. Enjoy your cruise!

Well it looks like they are. Why would you say that anyway?:confused:

We are going on Royal Caribbean and have a 15 and 17 year old so need things for them to do. Otherwise we would be on the more sophistcated cruise lines hehee

We find our quiet spots, not much of drinkers but love the wine bar.

We did the Mexican Riveria 2 years ago on RCCL and loved it.Except for the freezing temps when at sea.

Expecting the same this time as far as food, shows, and activities

Thanks to everyone for their posts.

I

We found the same to be true. The weather will be alot better in the Caribbean. If you ever get the chance take a cruise out of San Juan and do the Southern Caribbean. We did it at the end of February and the lows were mid to low 70's at night and mid 80's during the day.

The spring breakers normally take the 3-5 day cruises as most can not afford the 7 day cruise. We have sailed in Mid March during spring break on Royal and had no problem what so ever.

The spring breakers normally take the 3-5 day cruises as most can not afford the 7 day cruise. We have sailed in Mid March during spring break on Royal and had no problem what so ever.

Ya think? Really? What about late March? Sorry, but there are lots of "Breakers" who take 7-night cruises! Been there and saw it.

Archived