Dining Times

moeferg

Currently on our cruise, the only dinner time was 8:15, we are on the waiting list for "Dine your own time". Would it be more likely to get that or should I change and get on the waitlist for the 6:15 dinner?

Currently on our cruise, the only dinner time was 8:15, we are on the waiting list for "Dine your own time". Would it be more likely to get that or should I change and get on the waitlist for the 6:15 dinner?

It would help if to posted the ship's name and sailing date.

Based on a couple of cruises on family oriented ships (NCL and Carnival) that were very short on children (school time cruises lasting more than one week) I have discovered that senior citizens and children have something in common - they both like to eat early. On NCL I was able to use that to my advantage because I could (and did) eat late and the ship was offering half price for those that ate late. On Carnival I was at a table for nine with three other people. That is right, there were more empty seats then full ones. Half the tables next to us were empty.

If all else fails, you can always eat in the buffet at any time you want.

I am on the Carnival Pride sitting with 5 other people

Finding a table with six open seats could be difficult. Since you don't provide the date when you are sailing it is hard to figure out why early is so popular.

My advise would be to get to the ship early and head straight to the restaurant and see the maitre d' to see what (s)he can do for you.

Finding a table with six open seats could be difficult. Since you don't provide the date when you are sailing it is hard to figure out why early is so popular.

My advise would be to get to the ship early and head straight to the restaurant and see the maitre d' to see what (s)he can do for you.

I think he's on the ship.....now??? See his first sentence.

No, not on the cruise now...We will be sailing May 09th from Baltimore. I will be with my wife, my two children and my parents. Obviously we would all want to sit together. I just wondered if I would have a better chance getting the early dinner or the dine when you want. For us, the later dinner would be just a bit late for us....

No, not on the cruise now...We will be sailing May 09th from Baltimore. I will be with my wife, my two children and my parents. Obviously we would all want to sit together. I just wondered if I would have a better chance getting the early dinner or the dine when you want. For us, the later dinner would be just a bit late for us....

If your children are young enough (young enough to have an 8:00pm or earlier bed time) you might just want to bring the whole group to the restaurant when you board and plead your case. You might get lucky.

That said, I have seen young children in the restaurant for the late seating.

Archived