Coffee Pots on Eclipse

Whippets

Does anyone know if staterooms on the Eclipse have coffee pots? We are booked in a 1-A

They had electric tea kettles--equipped with an automatic shut-off--while Eclipse was sailing from Southampton... When I sailed her again in November from Miami to the Caribbean, they had been removed...

It remains to be seen whether they will be restored to the staterooms once Eclipse returns to England late this spring...

Hi... If you are considering bringing your own coffee pot, be careful... When we were checking in last week, for our Solstice cruise (Ft. Lauderdale terminal), the security people pulled a couple out of the security line and started removing the coffee pot from their bag. It was even in the Mr. Coffee box :D . No kidding! I didn't stick around to see how it all turned out, but from the heated conversation that Mr. Passenger was having with the security guy, it didn't appear that the 3rd guest, Mr. Coffee, would be joining Mr. & Mrs. Passenger on their cruise.

You should definitely check with X and make sure that they are OK with this, since smuggling a coffee pot would be impossible (don't think they have a rum runner yet for small electronics!):cool:

No coffee pots on the Eclipse in February. I bring a "coil" which I mix in with my jewelry. I don't think they are permitted.

However, I can't see them as a fire hazard because if you take them out of the cup without unplugging them, they die--busted for good.

Tucker in Texas

I was not considering bringing along my own pot, I just was inquiring whether or not to expect to find one in my stateroom.

No problem, if I cannot make my hazelnut coffee I can easily bring along the hazelnut flavored creamers. Will not get "busted" bringing them onboard!

Darn, I knew I had them years ago on the Century. I like to bring my own Hazelnut flavored coffee.

I think that you are mistaken - Celebrity has never had coffee pots in staterooms (at least regular staterooms through concierge class) and we have cruised Celebrity since 1992 with three different sailings on Century (1995, 2004. 2009). Now if you were in a suite - well I am not sure of the amenities as we have never booked a suite.

Apparently there will be tea/coffee making facilities in all cabins when Eclipse sails from Southampton for this year's 'summer' season. I think this might be because we Brits are used to receiving this facility when sailing with P&O.

Apparently there will be tea/coffee making facilities in all cabins when Eclipse sails from Southampton for this year's 'summer' season. I think this might be because we Brits are used to receiving this facility when sailing with P&O.

I think that you are mistaken - Celebrity has never had coffee pots in staterooms (at least regular staterooms through concierge class) and we have cruised Celebrity since 1992 with three different sailings on Century (1995, 2004. 2009). Now if you were in a suite - well I am not sure of the amenities as we have never booked a suite.

We were in a concierge stateroom on the Eclipse out of Southampton October 2010 and we had a coffee/tea pot that automatically shut off.

Archived