Advice needed on price drop and unresponsive TA

kittyness

I booked a cruise on Early Saver for this coming May. It's paid in full. The price has now dropped $80 total so I know that I can ask for OBC (thanks, CC!). We booked through a travel agent, I think. This is my problem. My husband's employer has a website for lots of discount programs on a variety of items, including Carnival cruises. We booked through that website. We never communicated with a human through that process. We searched for the date, chose a room, typed in our credit card information, etc. A few days later, we got an email from a woman that works at the website and she sent us all the details and receipts. We emailed back and forth a few times with questions and everything was fine. I emailed her about the price drop and he hasn't responded in 2 weeks. Is she considered a travel agent? Could I call Carnival myself? Any advice?

If this was 2 weeks ago, I doubt it's still that low. If so, grab a screen shot and submit the form yourself. Don't put anywhere on the form that you actually have a TA. Just submit it with only info that is required and see what happens. I've seen folks on here that were in the same boat as you and just on a fluke went ahead and submitted and got approved for the obc. Sadly, Carnival is not very consistent in holding up their policies, so give it a shot. And drop that "TA" for future cruises.

It could be that they discounted, not that its early saver. If you booked ES you would have gotten the blurb on your booking advising you the deposit was nonrefundable.

Always discuss with a booking agent or TA their policy if the price drops before you book. I got a discount ...but they wouldnt bother with a $60 price drop, said not worth their time.

Well, I feel dumb now. I just realized I didn't book Early Saver. Since this is my first cruise, I didn't know all the lingo. I swear I remember seeing the term Early Saver on the discount website when we booked because I remember thinking to myself "I wonder what that means..." I went to the Carnival website to fill out the price drop form and see that you have to book 5 months in advance to qualify for Early Saver. I booked on 1/12/11 for a 5/22/11 sailing, which is only 4 months out. So I guess I'm not getting any OBC afterall. :(

Well, I feel dumb now. I just realized I didn't book Early Saver. Since this is my first cruise, I didn't know all the lingo. I swear I remember seeing the term Early Saver on the discount website when we booked because I remember thinking to myself "I wonder what that means..." I went to the Carnival website to fill out the price drop form and see that you have to book 5 months in advance to qualify for Early Saver. I booked on 1/12/11 for a 5/22/11 sailing, which is only 4 months out. So I guess I'm not getting any OBC afterall. :(

Did you pay the final balance on your cruise yet? If not, you are still entitled to the price drop.

Take two screen shots and print one to keep for your own records. Send the other to your TA. Be persistent.

Good luck.

Been there..Done that. Bye-Bye TA hello PVP or better yet, Carnival dot com.

I have a question related to this. I am toying with using a TA to book a cruise because they are offering OBC if we book thru them. I have drilled them on their quick response to early saver submission and they have assured me that they do submit paperwork quickly. How many on here have had bad luck with Tas submitting early saver paperwork?

pat

It's actually 3+ months in advance for shorter cruises 5 days or less and 5+ months in advance for longer cruises 6 days or longer. If you have Early Saver your Confirmation documents (probably at the end) should have a "Conditions" section that references "non-refundable deposit" and "no name changes". ken

It's a 7 day cruise so I'm sure I'm not on ES. I checked all my emails and there is no mention of it anywhere. There's also no "fine print" like no name changes, non-refundable deposit, etc. Also, I paid in full when I booked. I found CC AFTER I booked, unfortunately, so I didn't know to wait it out for a price drop. Also, the OV rooms (I booked IS) are still higher than what I paid so I'm not getting anything! Oh well. I was happy with what I paid in the beginning so it's not like I've been bamboozled. I'll have fun anyway. :cool: Thank you for all the replies.

Archived