Princess Cay- cash?

swimgirl1

Since Princess Cay is owned by Princess and I hear you can use your shipboard card for just about everything- please correct me if I'm wrong?

Is there any reason we would need to bring cash? (i.e. gift shops, or lockers)

When we were at Princess Cays last month, we used our cruise card for everything we spent - Bar, Gift shop, and Snorkeling gear rental.

We saw several small Kiosk selling souvenir. Since we didn't shop there, can't report whether they accept cruise cards or not.

• 2 weeks later...

There are local vendors set up in their own cart/kiosks near the rest rooms that only take cash.

The Princess sponsored shopphing that is charged to your on board account would be the couple of 'buildings'. There is a small one that sells T-shirts and a larger one that has clothing, ornaments, magnets, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

So I only threw $20 in my pocket (because I intended on just using my key card) and I wish I would have brought more. I liked the little local vendors, (I love getting jewelery). So I guess it depends on if you intend to buy some souvies from the locals or not.

Have fun, you will love Princess Cays!

Archived