paying for babysitting on Celebrity

meab

Just wondering: do you pay the sitter directly in cash, or can you put the charges on your shipboard account?

I have also seen people say there were 2 sitters sent to the room, but Celebrity's site says $8/hr for up to 2 children. We have a 3 year old and 18 month old that we may not end up taking to the dining room or show each night, and wanted to get a sitter for the room - do you think they will send 2 sitters or 1? And then, do you pay for 2 sitters or 1?

I'm just trying to figure out how much $ to allow for babysitting, and bring the necessary cash if needed.

Thanks!

You pay per child, $8 an hour. Celebrity has been sending two sitters, probably for liability reasons. There seems to be some question about paying both sitters, but most say you only pay one. It's paid in cash, at the end of the evening. Sitters are not guaranteed and you make the request 24 hours in advance.

this is the first i heard of paying per child for in-room sitting. the website says:

"For a fee of $8 per hour, for up to two children within the same family, parents can arrange for a private, in-stateroom babysitter, subject to availability. Children must be 12 months or older to be eligible for in-stateroom babysitting. Please arrange 24 hours in advance."

I will be sure to bring enough cash though - thanks for that info.

We used the in cabin babysitting about 6 years ago on Celebrity. It was $8/ for both children. We reserved them at the activity desk and the charges went on our bill. We did tip her. At that time they only sent one sitter. She came to our cabin and we were given a beeper to carry so that she was able to easily contact us. It was great. We used her several nights. She mostly just sat by the bathroom (for light) and read while the kids slept. It gave us a chance to "go out" without the kids. I highly recommend it.

Archived