Does the ship have a wait list for tours?

gerena

Having trouble getting DH to decide on tours. (have been working on this forever as some of you can see) I did go to the website tonight and saw that the April 16 departure and the Fakarava tour by the "le Truck" was apparently already book for the AM and the PM. Darn. At least there was no where to check the box. Does anyone else know of any other ideas to spend the day on that island. Do they have guides waiting at the pier. That is the only one that is sold out, apparently.

I am pretty sure they have a wait list. What we usually do is book anything that we are very interested well in advance to guarantee the booking. This is particularly true of places like Fakarava where there is no infrastructure.

Someone else on the board mentioned that they just walked down the road and did some snorkelling at a beach. This is not a port that the PG used to go to so only recent visitors can help you.

Canvas others on your roll call.

Re: the Fakarava le truck tour. I wanted to do this for my August 10 sailing. There is no box to check for that date also. I guess there is a glitch in the system or this particular tour is no longer scheduled; :rolleyes:which would be too bad. That leaves alot of time for us non-scubers to fill that day!. Gail :confused:

Re: the Fakarava le truck tour. I wanted to do this for my August 10 sailing. There is no box to check for that date also. I guess there is a glitch in the system or this particular tour is no longer scheduled; :rolleyes:which would be too bad. That leaves alot of time for us non-scubers to fill that day!. Gail :confused:

The Le Truck tour is not full - it was cancelled. We had booked that tour ourselves for November, and got a call last week telling us that the tour operator was not up to the PG standards so that tour is no longer available. They gave us a credit immediately on our card.....

We were in Fakarava in January. If you aren't on a tour, its very easy to walk along the main road. You can stop to snorkel, visit a pearl shop, visit a church or grab a Coke from one of the tiny markets. We walked about a half-mile and then turned around and headed back to the dock. Lots of scenic views of the ship.

Fakarava's truck broke down and it is so hard to get parts that it was not fixed when we were there. Aside from snorkeling, not much to do. We enjoyed walking a bit. Local shopowner came out and wanted to talk to us. Hot, not great snorkeling from the beach on your own from what I heard.

Archived