Pictures of Liquor Pickup on Last Day

Ms Belvedere

Per Carnival's New Liquor and Confiscated Items Policy I wanted to report our experience yesterday as we got off the Dream.

Brief background, we went to port in Nassau and picked up 2 bottles of wine for evening dinners, DH had a single Kalik. Coming back on board there were two lines open for returning pax.

We went to the Crew entrance when they opened it to reg pax to get everyone back on board and reduce lines. The liquor check in is only feet from the x-ray machines, not in the next room so we had to turn it in. No amount of begging or tears helped. :)

They wrapped and taped the bottles and gave us a direction sheet to pick it up in the Chambers Room, Deck 4 aft, between 5:00 am and 9:30 am on the last day. We got there at 5:30 and here are the pictures.

NaughtyRoom.jpg

CarnivalDreamMar2011110.jpg

CarnivalDreamMar2011109.jpg

Note that the only cased beer is Bud and Bud Light, no Heineken or imports. I plan to write a review later but have to start the unpacking and laundry ASAP. :p

:D Welcome back, Ms B!!!! :D

Thank you Thank you Don! Hard coming home but we had a great time on the Dream. We talked about you on the ship, we had a cove balcony and loved being near the water, there was definately some noise from the galley but the room was nice!

Do you think those two crew members in the picture get to split the unclaimed liquor down the middle?? Lucky them! lol

When we got there, Security was standing outside the room. Inside the room there were 4 crew members and one female officer ready to assist. I asked the one guy what they did if no one claimed their booty and asked if they have a crew party. Keep in mind, this is only one week's worth! They were very good natured about the whole thing. We went back to our room to get the camera and take pics.

They may have come up with this new policy to ease the burden on the Cabin Stewards to deliver liquor on the last night of the cruise. On the afternoon the day before the end of the cruise, and into the evening, we saw countless people walking around the ship with boxes of liquor purchased on board the ship.

We were about 10th in lines off the Cranival Freedom last week. Got there 10 minutes early. At 6:00 they started handing out booze. But after 10 minutes only 4 people got their booze. I think the whole thing sucks and thank god on our 9-10 cruises a year we only buy Drambuie once a year. They don't even carry it on the ships anymore.

I think if you know about the new policy and go prepared, things will be fine.

Maybe Carnival would think of a way for people to pick up their liquor on the last night before setting luggage out?

When we cruised in Jan/Feb, we hadn't heard a thing about this but since we always purchase liquor while cruising, I am always prepared to wrap it. (Yes we fly home from FL) Sine we had purchased 2 bottles of liquor in ports and the rest on the ship, we only kept out one of our larger pieces of luggage to place the warpped bottles in the next morning before we disembarked. Things went smooth leaving the ship.

And yes, I think they are doing this to cut costs somewhere regarding a product that they are not selling or making any profit on but is costing them to deliver and handle during the cruise. I would rather see this than the fuel surcharge come back.

I don't know about you, but we save ~$10/bottle when we purchase on the ship, and we will buy four bottles.

It's worth $40 to me to walk down there.

Maybe if you are driving but it is definitely not worth $40 if you are flying home. Break one bottle in the luggage and the savings drain away.

More trouble than it is worth to me.

What is happening on liquor you purchase on the ship?

We purchased two bottles on the ship on the last sea day, so we were able to pick it up at the store. I do not know if they delivered the rest.

I guess it depends on what you usually buy in the ports. We purchased Wlker blue for 95.00, in the state that I live in it retails at 215.00. That is a vast savings and worth the trouble to us.

We fly home from FL and (knock on wood) never had a bottle break on us yet.

Thanks for the information and pictures - makes alot more sense. This is what cruise critic about - helping folks who what to help their fellow cruisers. I don't have to fly - I live 45 mins from Galveston so picking up my liquor purchased while on our cruise would be a savings!

So does all this include confiscated items during embarkation as well? I'm still debating on trying to smuggle beer in my check in luggage! The worst they can do is take it right??!! lol

That's right!

Archived