"Then and now" Pics from Carnival Imagination

Manatee Mom

The pictures I found for "Then" I think were from after 2005. Would be great to see some really old pictures from the 1990's or early 2000's if anyone has them. THere were a few upgrades to the ship even before Evolutions of Fun (like the golf course). Anyone?

Out of curiosity, what was the crowd like on this ship? Was there a good variety of ages?

The last short cruise that I went on (the Sensation 3-day Bahamas out of Port Canaveral) seemed to be all 20-somethings. I don't think I saw more than one or two teenagers! Should I expect the same on this one?

We were on the Mon-Fri sailing during spring break in south florida. So yes there were alot of kids on board but we have had many more on other sailings. I think it just depends on who decides to book that week and If schools are in/out. You will always have more kids on when schools are out. I do have to say we went on a princess christmas/new years 10 day sailing one year and there were only 30 kids between 3-17 onboard. That ended up being one of the kids most favorite cruises. They all became great friends, As I tell my kids it is what you make of it, so enjoy!

Nicely done! We will be on this ship in Jan 2012. If you could post a review that would be nice. Thank You:p

As I said our sailing was spring break so the ship was sold out. The only time I couldn't find a seat was for the late night comedy club shows. There were never long lines in the buffet or pizza.

We have been on many cruises and I have to say we had the best cabin steward and Waitress/Waiter in the main dinning room. They went out of their way from day one! The food was good. I can't say it was the best or the worst we ever had, but the warm chocolate melting cake is still the best dessert ever!

The comedians were very funny, but if you get offended easiely don't go. I thought the singers were better on this ship than the Liberty. I will say after seeing the show "Shout" a few times on different ships, I enjoyed this one the least. Reason being the 1st time I saw it the male dancers were all built with nice bodies, since they went shirtless in multiple scenes. On this ship 2 of the boys were beanpoles (no offense) but watching them dance with their shirts off was not appealing. I just don't get it....they never have anorexic or really heavy women dancers so why can't the men be just as appealing? Luckily in some scences they did wear shirts when they didn't before.

The thing that bumbed my kids out the most is they removed the basketball courts and there isn't an area to kick a soccer ball around anywhere on board without it going over. They left a big empty spot up top where they could put one but it's on top of the spa. CCL Big Beards if you are reading this just insulate it and add it back, the kids really miss it!

They played mini golf and ping pong everyday and the waterslides were fun but cold. Scavenger hunts are still their favorite activity.

Out by the pool since they don't have a TV they have a duo who sing and play music.

Lastly I was bummed when they didn't have a past guest party, they did have the captains coctail but it was at 5pm when we were in Cozumel and we didn't leave port till 8pm and we didn';t get off till about 2pm. We were still ashore and missed it.

The ship was clean and the staff great. Overall we had another great cruise on CCL.

Archived