"Then and now" Pics from Carnival Imagination

Manatee Mom

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! I'm considering this cruise for a relatively last minute short getaway. Out of curiosity, what was the crowd like on this ship? Was there a good variety of ages?

The reason I ask is because it would be me (29), my mom (52), and my sister (15). I'm hoping my sister will be able to meet some other "friends" close to her in age so she doesn't feel like she's getting bored hanging with the adults.

The last short cruise that I went on (the Sensation 3-day Bahamas out of Port Canaveral) seemed to be all 20-somethings. I don't think I saw more than one or two teenagers! Should I expect the same on this one?

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! I'm considering this cruise for a relatively last minute short getaway. Out of curiosity, what was the crowd like on this ship? Was there a good variety of ages?

The reason I ask is because it would be me (29), my mom (52), and my sister (15). I'm hoping my sister will be able to meet some other "friends" close to her in age so she doesn't feel like she's getting bored hanging with the adults.

The last short cruise that I went on (the Sensation 3-day Bahamas out of Port Canaveral) seemed to be all 20-somethings. I don't think I saw more than one or two teenagers! Should I expect the same on this one?

When did you go on the Sensation? Hoping for more diversity when we cruise on her next month. We are cruising together for a family reunion. Thanks.

Thanks for creating and sharing this! It was VERY interesting. Ironically, I was just at my in-laws earlier today discussing the changes in this ship. We will be going on or first cruise on the Imagination, and it was their first cruise a while back. It was interesting to see the ship as they saw it compared to how we will see it. :)

Wow ... that was pretty cool. I was on the Imagination pre Evolution of Fun, so it was interesting to see the changes. Your 'before' pics really brought me back to our family cruise (there was 7 of us!). Our next cruise is on the Paradise (just DH and I this time!) ... she hasn't been in for her Evolution of Fun makeover yet. I'm kind of glad in a way. It will be nice to have one more last look at the original Fantasy Class ship design before they are all gone.

Thank you again ... I really enjoyed how you put the Then and Now together! :)

When did you go on the Sensation? Hoping for more diversity when we cruise on her next month. We are cruising together for a family reunion. Thanks.

I went with 3 of my girlfriends in October of 2009. We had fun since we are all late twenties/early thirties. However, it just seemed that there were a lot of others there in the same age group - a lot of people from Florida just looking to get away and party for a weekend. I'm sure that, with a group of people all together, you'll have a great time. I am just concerned for my 15 year old sister who won't know anyone else besides her adult sister and mom!

How much do you want to bet that the bar brings in more

money than the "outdated atrium sculpture":D

Let me think about that for a moment.....By the way, they also added seemingly non-stop photo taking as well to drum up more $. However, rather that then a fuel surcharge. :-)

We took some photos on our recent 4 night Carnival Imagination cruise and compared them to images "pre" Evolutions of Fun to see the differences. Some are subtle, others very very noticeable. See them here:

Thanks so much for putting this together. I wish Carnivasl would do something ike this with all their ship upgrades and possibly show it suring their past guest parties. It helps bring back memories and yet shows that the company is interested in staying current.

I watched the video with my cursor hovering over the stop button to pause and really pick out the differences. Thanks for taking the time to take similar shots of the same areas and then putting this together for everyone to view.

Archived