Upgrades when booking onboard

jerseygirl3

I know when you do an onboard booking you are entitled to a 2 or 3 category upgrade, but it must be within the specific category. Are all balcony cabins (with the exception of AQ) considered to be within the same category? In other words, if one were to book a 1A, could you receive an upgrade to a C2?

Thanks!

No, not all balcony cabins are considered the same catagory. We booked on board in December for a cruise on Connie this coming December and paid for a C3 and could have chosen a C1 for the same price. There were not any C1's available so we had to settled for a C2. We were not able to drop to a 1A and move to a C2.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that there are 2 Aquaclass categories, has anyone booked on board and confirmed that an upgrade from A2 to A1 now part of the on board booking package?

Thanks

Art

I called Celebrity today to inquire about Millennium to Asia in 2012. If I wait to book onboard I get a 2 category upgrade from C2 to Aqua Class. I also get $250 inboard credit. If you call Celebrity they can provide the rates.

I called Celebrity today to inquire about Millennium to Asia in 2012. If I wait to book onboard I get a 2 category upgrade from C2 to Aqua Class. I also get $250 inboard credit. If you call Celebrity they can provide the rates.

When we were onboard in December, we were specifically told this was not possible. Concierge and Aqua are treated as their own categories and you could not upgrade into them (although in the case of CC you could go from a C3 to a C2 or C1). There were no upgrades for AQ. I assume with the new rankings within AQ that you can do the same but I doubt that it would apply for upgrading into the category. Customer service is notorious for misinformation.

Get an e mail to confirm this or call back and see if you get a different answer!

Is this a upgrade?

if you look or book early enough you will see that prices for higher categories are lower than those for the lower categories. It appears as if they want to fill those categories up first at the price they really want before offering deals on the lower to protect themselves with lowest price guaranteed.

EG. A CC balcony is $1050 and the inside categories $1100. Someone wants a cheap cruise and they know that inside should be less than a balcony. They request a inside and and then are informed that they became " upgraded" for the same price to a balcony. Months later the insides are available for $399. Are you still happy about the upgrade or do you change your booking to get the inside and cheaper rate.

Archived