Oceania Check Problem

susiesan

I DID use a TA that specializes in cruises. The check was sent directly to me from Oceania, not to the travel agent. So I had to deal with O myself as the TA wasn't involved. I had not booked directly with O.
.....I would have called my agent at csi immediately and let them make the calls necessary. Just a different approach I guess.:)

I DID use a TA that specializes in cruises. The check was sent directly to me from Oceania, not to the travel agent. So I had to deal with O myself as the TA wasn't involved. I had not booked directly with O.

I'm glad you think this matter has been well handled by Oceania but still do not understand why you are getting another larger check for charges you did not incur:confused: I also believe you should have this thread with the very negative title removed since your problelm has been solved.

I'm glad you think this matter has been well handled by Oceania but still do not understand why you are getting another larger check for charges you did not incur:confused: I also believe you should have this thread with the very negative title removed since your problelm has been solved.

The title of the thread is exactly what happened-Oceania wrote a check that bounced in the form of a stop payment. it is not a negative title but an accurate one.

Since when are threads that are about problems and issues resolved removed? CC is all about being informed on how cruise lines solve the problems of their customers. Oceania caused me a problem but they handled and resolved it most admirably and to my satisfaction. Kudos to Oceania.

BTW,orchestrapal. Weren't you the person questioning taking another cruise line tote bag on to Oceania? I see that some of the posts about this that were in that thread have been removed. Since I ended up in a concierge veranda cabin 2 days before the sailing I got one of O's tote bags. But I still carried my AZ one around on the ship!

The title of the thread is exactly what happened-Oceania wrote a check that bounced in the form of a stop payment. it is not a negative title but an accurate one.

Sorry, Susiesan, but the title of your thread was NOT AT ALL accurate!!

You chose a title of "Oceania write bad checks that bounce". That in itself is a direct accusation that you had a check returned that had "Bounced". In today's banking world, that is an implication that Oceania's check was not good and was dishonored upon presentment. I trust you will agree that was just not so!

I will suggest that you have made your point, but in doing so, you have stirred up quite some misunderstanding for other readers. I suggest you can bring this to a close by having the moderators delete this thread, or at lease alter the title.

Thank you.

Good on you ricky88..Don't know why people get so carried away..Looks like there could be a possibility for O to get into some financial trouble:rolleyes: ( LOL) if people think mis-sent checks are gifts:rolleyes: This thread should be discontinued!!!

there would have been less problems and angst if they would have just sent a second check for the remaining amount owed along with an explanation letter or email.

Susie

I agree with you, Susie. It would have made a lot more sense to mail you the difference, with a letter of explanation.

However, I totally do not buy your explanation that you did not have time to call Oceania to get to the bottom of all this, but had enough time to start this thread with your posting before calling Oceania -- and with an admittedly inflammatory title to boot. It is hard to believe this is not agenda-driven.

Bill

Archived