WiFi

lilyfrog73

I was kind of disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any WiFi hot spots on the island. You would think with the many tourists the island gets there would be more available, unless something has changed since some of the threads I have searched were started?

I wanted an inexpensive way to keep in touch with my children (non-emergency obviously) and thought I would be able to use WiFi somewhere and email them from my phone.

will be on the miracle in april too !!! carnival.com forums has a section where u can set up an account to be able to talk with people through their website which is FREE onboard the ships!! Check out the "currently onboard" section and you'll see that its a great FREE way to communicate with your kids or anyone at home-you're very welcome-feel free to send a DOD my way for this valuable info ; )))))) lol

I was kind of disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any WiFi hot spots on the island. You would think with the many tourists the island gets there would be more available, unless something has changed since some of the threads I have searched were started?

I wanted an inexpensive way to keep in touch with my children (non-emergency obviously) and thought I would be able to use WiFi somewhere and email them from my phone.

There are plenty of hotspots in Bermuda. Never had any problem finding them but most have a charge. There are some free hot spots but I am not going to say where because they will no doubt become unfree if they become public knowledge and hordes of us use them. Some of them turn on the paywall when the ships are docked. Some restaurant and bars will give you a password if you are a customer. Also every year I have been to Bermuda the hotspots and their locations change so any info from last year is going to be obsolete this year.

What I recommend though as the best way to keep in touch is not email. It is text messages. Those are inexpensive to send and recieve.

One time in Bermuda our room was right in the front of the ship. I could get an open WiFi signal from 9 am to 5 pm each day -- it disappeared promptly at 5 pm (when the business closed, I guess).

And a small coffee shop in St. George had low-cost WiFi, I've used it on other trips.

Archived