Woman sues Carnival

yankee46

So, how many children need to be killed or injured before you would pull a dangerous product?

Since you brought this up after the thread turned to a discussion about the McDonald's coffee issue, you should know that there were more than more 700 claims of people burned by McDonald's coffee between 1982 and 1992. As long as you're going to be a shill for corporate America's lies about the civil justice system, you should at least try to get your facts straight.

Boy, are you off the mark! :eek: I'm the one who has been defending the McDonalds lawsuit and making exactly the point you are trying to make. Nevermind getting the facts, how about reading this thread at least! You're preaching to the choir, try debating with one of the many on here who are actually ignorant of the facts.

Yeah, it's called doing the right thing. Unfortunately, corporations aren't known for doing that and have to get sued. If insurance companies paid claims instead of calculating how much the lawyers would cost vs. settling the claim they wouldn't be sued. Just ask your doctor how often bills are rejected for no reason at all.

Defective Chinese drywall knowingly installed by American companies after they learned of problems. Falsifying mortgage documents to speed foreclosure. This ain't Little House on the Prairie anymore where the kindly storekeep does what's right by his customer just because it's the right thing to do.

Again, you are preaching to the choir. I have already said that corps that do the cost/benefit analysis against lives and injuries should be sued. That's what the judicial system is for.

It sounds like the lady is suing Carnival because the speed of the ship caused her to get her period, which she hasn't had for 3 years. :confused:

Maggie

This is my favorite!! LOL btw its not me!!

Speed in the ocean, like speed on a highway does not cause motion sickness. If that were the case, people in jet going 500 MPH would all suffer from motion sickness.

Motion sickness is caused by a conflict between the eyes and ears. If a person is inside and the ship is moving because of the waves (not the speed of the ship - the size of the waves) then the eyes see no movement and the ears sense the movement and motion sickness is the result.

You can get motion sickness while sitting still in a house that is not moving if you are playing a computer game that shows a lot of movement. The eyes see movement, the ears sense none and motion sickness can and does happen.

thanks for that explanation. I never get seasick except twice. Once DH and I were on a ferry to the mainland from Cozumel and my main problem was all the people throwing up around me. DH said to look at the horizon and I did, but I didn't know why that worked. I have a question for you though as you seem to know what you are talking about on this whole issue.

the other time I got seasick was in an aft cabin. I could not look out there when we were moving. I was fine, unless I looked out the back or off of the balcony. Can you explain that?

Every one of my cruises goes by way too fast. Carnival needs to slow down.:D

Thumbs up on that one! Do you think that would help?

The point is, multiple threads are useless on the same subject and the other discussion is still going on.

Well maybe you should address this with the mods and the higher ups here on how this should be corrected. :rolleyes:

the other time I got seasick was in an aft cabin. I could not look out there when we were moving. I was fine, unless I looked out the back or off of the balcony. Can you explain that?

Well, I'm not a doctor and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. However, here is some more information on the subject ...

http://www.medicinenet.com/motion_sickness/article.htm#1whatis

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/motion-sickness-000110.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-motion-sickness/HQ01099

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/motion.htm

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2010/chapter-2/motion-sickness.aspx

http://www.seasickness.co.uk/

http://cruises.about.com/od/cruisehealthandsafety/a/seasickness.htm

http://www.hmlanding.com/maldemar.htm

http://www.goddesscruise.com/SeaSick.htm

Boy, are you off the mark! :eek: I'm the one who has been defending the McDonalds lawsuit and making exactly the point you are trying to make. Nevermind getting the facts, how about reading this thread at least! You're preaching to the choir, try debating with one of the many on here who are actually ignorant of the facts.

Well, I replied to what you wrote. You complained about dangerous products being pulled and seemed to blame victims of defective products for that instead of the products. There was good reason for the alcohol energy drinks being pulled if you read about them.

Well, I replied to what you wrote. You complained about dangerous products being pulled and seemed to blame victims of defective products for that instead of the products. There was good reason for the alcohol energy drinks being pulled if you read about them.

I don't need to read about them. You made a mistake and there is no harm in that, but please don't be defensive about it toward me. I'm afraid you just misread my posts in addition to not reading them in context. I didn't complain about the removal of dangerous products at all. You asked for examples and I gave them. In fact, I made a point of NOT asserting an opinion on the validity of those particular examples. I absolutely did not BLAME victims. I was in a debate about this subject and mentioned that this happens all the time for the public safety. But if you would like to debate the merits of the McDonalds suit, I suggest you address golfadj.

I don't need to read about them. You made a mistake and there is no harm in that, but please don't be defensive about it toward me. I'm afraid you just misread my posts in addition to not reading them in context. I didn't complain about the removal of dangerous products at all. You asked for examples and I gave them. In fact, I made a point of NOT asserting an opinion on the validity of those particular examples. I absolutely did not BLAME victims. I was in a debate about this subject and mentioned that this happens all the time for the public safety. But if you would like to debate the merits of the McDonalds suit, I suggest you address golfadj.

Please leave golf and his love of hot coffee (who would never think of putting an open cup between my legs) out of this.

Made my point and am done.

Not that I'm advocating violence in any way, but surely you meant "shoot up every single lawyer"... :D

Well... lol... While some probably require a good smack across the face to help them to realize that they are wrong... I don't think shooting them would do much good.

However, I am fond of the idea from the perspective that the Earth is over populated!!:)

EVERYONE STOP!!!!

Now that I have your attention... We are on a forum. Remember what a forum means?! It means that all parties have equal opportunity to share their views. This idea was innovative in Ancient Greece.

Therefore: STOP TAKING OFFENSE!!! There is such thing as HEALTHY DEBATE!! I see too many flamers (no gay pun intended) and too little healthy debaters.

*removing soapbox*

i should sue this stupid woman for being so dang stupid and making me waste a few moments of my life for reading about her stupid lawsuit....did i mention STUPID!!! ha. its a freaking ship!!!!! its going to move and sway a bit!! i dont belive everybody on board was sick.

EVERYONE STOP!!!!

Now that I have your attention... We are on a forum. Remember what a forum means?! It means that all parties have equal opportunity to share their views. This idea was innovative in Ancient Greece.

Therefore: STOP TAKING OFFENSE!!! There is such thing as HEALTHY DEBATE!! I see too many flamers (no gay pun intended) and too little healthy debaters.

*removing soapbox*

Seriously? I thought we were doing fairly well considering the issues. :confused:

i should sue this stupid woman for being so dang stupid and making me waste a few moments of my life for reading about her stupid lawsuit....

Sorry, but you would have to sue the OP for that.

Speed in the ocean, like speed on a highway does not cause motion sickness. If that were the case, people in jet going 500 MPH would all suffer from motion sickness.

Motion sickness is caused by a conflict between the eyes and ears. If a person is inside and the ship is moving because of the waves (not the speed of the ship - the size of the waves) then the eyes see no movement and the ears sense the movement and motion sickness is the result.

You can get motion sickness while sitting still in a house that is not moving if you are playing a computer game that shows a lot of movement. The eyes see movement, the ears sense none and motion sickness can and does happen.

Best explanation I have ever heard but it doesn't quite explain why people get motion sick in the car. I see the movement and feel the movement and still get sick...Any ideas for that one? By the way -- Bonine is my friend and I get sicker when the boat stops after a 7-day cruise because my ears have adjusted to the movement and when it stops I'm a mess :)

Why? You blamed the victims in your reply, basically agreeing with him.

There are many products that I wish I could purchase, but no longer can because people were careless so I understand your frustration.

Of course you don't name any products taken off the market due to careless people.

Unless someone else has access to your computer I don't think I'm confused or taking anything out of context.

Then you bring up Tilt and Bud Extra as if they had something to do with allegedly careless people when they were pulled for entirely different reasons and many states are banning energy drinks containing alcohol. But, you said you don't need to read about them, so I won't mention them as that's another issue entirely.

Why? You blamed the victims in your reply, basically agreeing with him.

Of course you don't name any products taken off the market due to careless people.

Unless someone else has access to your computer I don't think I'm confused or taking anything out of context.

Then you bring up Tilt and Bud Extra as if they had something to do with allegedly careless people when they were pulled for entirely different reasons and many states are banning energy drinks containing alcohol. But, you said you don't need to read about them, so I won't mention them as that's another issue entirely.

If that's the way you want to read it, fine. I would have thought you'd be pleased to have someone agree with your view rather than pick apart my posts. Just because I understand another person's point of view doesn't mean I agree with it. But then that doesn't fit into your style of arguing, does it?

If that's the way you want to read it, fine. I would have thought you'd be pleased to have someone agree with your view rather than pick apart my posts. Just because I understand another person's point of view doesn't mean I agree with it. But then that doesn't fit into your style of arguing, does it?

I'm not sure how else to read it. You did blame victims of defective products it seemed to me. It looks like you're just trying to agree with everyone and then tell me you don't agree with the person you replied to. Seems a bit confusing.

Archived