Woman sues Carnival

yankee46

i'm not sure how else to read it. You did blame victims of defective products it seemed to me. It looks like you're just trying to agree with everyone and then tell me you don't agree with the person you replied to. Seems a bit confusing.

rofl.

Has anyone heard more about her "bleeding" problems due to the speed of the ship?? I still am trying to figure that one out.

Maggie

Based on the Reuters article, I get the idea she thought she had gone through menopause - and received a rude awakening while on the cruise.

The old transatlantic liners use to go 30+ knots. I read in one of my books that the accountants in the commissary department of the United States Lines loved winter crossing. Food consumption was literally cut in half because a majority of people were sick in their cabin most of the trip.

We all know common sense has no place in america. Gee if I get a hot coffee would I

a) set in cup holder

b) ask for drink tray to set on seat

c) put between my legs

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner, put between legs so I can get burned and blame someone else . Common sense has been lost in this great country .;)

We all know common sense has no place in america. Gee if I get a hot coffee would I

a) set in cup holder

b) ask for drink tray to set on seat

c) put between my legs

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner, put between legs so I can get burned and blame someone else . Common sense has been lost in this great country .;)

I'm sure you would also be able to have predicted the space shuttle explosion after the fact. Where were you when the 700 other people got burned by their coffee?

I'm sure you would also be able to have predicted the space shuttle explosion after the fact. Where were you when the 700 other people got burned by their coffee?

Your forgetting the minor detail that you have be a village idiot to put a 200 degree liquid between your legs in a moving car and than open the lid.

Your forgetting the minor detail that you have be a village idiot to put a 200 degree liquid between your legs in a moving car and than open the lid.

If I recall the facts correctly, the car was not moving. They got their coffee, pull over to the side and wanted to add something to the coffee. When she pulled off the lid the coffee spilled on her.

That said, McDonalds knew that its coffee was too hot and did nothing about an overly dangerous product until a jury forced it too. The jury listened to all the fact, assigned 20% of the fault to the injured person, and forced McDonalds to lower the temperature of its coffee to a safer temperature. Who knows how many injuries have been prevented by the jury's actions.

That said, the jury came to its decision based on the facts that were presented, while you, who have no working knowledge of the case have decided that you are far more intelligent than the twelve people, and the judge, that actually listened to the evidence. I would say that that is pretty egotistical of you.

All of that aside, the coffee case is old news. McDonalds has put that behind itself. When will you?

There is a lot of hype about the McDonalds' scalding coffee case. No one is in favor of frivolous cases of outlandish results; however, it is important to understand some points that were not reported in most of the stories about the case. McDonalds coffee was not only hot, it was scalding -- capable of almost instantaneous destruction of skin, flesh and muscle. Here's the whole story.

Stella Liebeck of Albuquerque, New Mexico, was in the passenger seat of her grandson's car when she was severely burned by McDonalds' coffee in February 1992. Liebeck, 79 at the time, ordered coffee that was served in a styrofoam cup at the drivethrough window of a local McDonalds.

After receiving the order, the grandson pulled his car forward and stopped momentarily so that Liebeck could add cream and sugar to her coffee. (Critics of civil justice, who have pounced on this case, often charge that Liebeck was driving the car or that the vehicle was in motion when she spilled the coffee; neither is true.) Liebeck placed the cup between her knees and attempted to remove the plastic lid from the cup. As she removed the lid, the entire contents of the cup spilled into her lap.

The trial court subsequently reduced the punitive award to $480,000 -- or three times compensatory damages -- even though the judge called McDonalds' conduct reckless, callous and willful.

http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald%27s_Restaurants

http://www.slip-and-sue.com/the-famous-infamous-mcdonalds-coffee-spill-lawsuit-revisited/

Before that nobody would have thought that coffee was 200 degrees.

You and others keep saying that, but what about just spilling some on your hand when you take off the lid. Are you going to tell me that has never happened to you? Would you prefer a case where the flesh was burned to the bone on the hand instead of the thigh? It doesn't change McDonalds' role in the injury.

Hey, lets start a classaction lawsuit. I wonder what sort of lawyer took this case on :rolleyes:

It was small claims court, no lawyer.

She filed in the wrong state and she can refile in Fla.

I thought the slower the ship went the more movement.

Did she think the ship was going to stay docked.

Archived