Can someone clarify this for me...Fun factory and 2 year old (potty trained)

Lillykat

I have heard from several people not on these boards who have sailed on the summit that they have been allowed to bring 1 and 2 year olds into the fun factory and the kiddie pool as long as they have stayed WITH their child. Some of these parents also report their children have not been potty trained. However from reading posts on here (they all seem to be old) it appears that under 3 cannot enter at all even with a parent and only 3 and up as long as they are potty trained. The website is ambiguous as it says:

"Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not. "

Does this mean that my 2 year old would be able to participate in some activities with my 4 year old provided that one of her parents or grandparents remains in attendance at all times.

We cruised with our daughter and granddaugher (2 1/2). Not fully potty-trained. She was able to take her into the Fun Factory and if an adult (yup, did it too) stayed with her, she could be there as long as she wished. The rule was the child had to be potty trained to be left there without an adult.

The Fun Factory was a great place. loved it. Lots to do and lots of activities, games, puppet shows and so on.

I daughter was restricted from climbing onto a big netted playarea that had all the balls kids rolled around in since she wasn't fully trained, and didn't go into the pool.

There was a child a little less than 3 who was trained and she could be dropped off.

The attendants are also the ones used as babysitters in the evening if you wish. Two of them at $10pp/ph. A great deal. Our granddaughter (and daughter!) loved it.

Den

That is great to hear!! I'm elite with CC but haven't sailed with my girls before so trying to see what is available to us on sea days. My parents surprised us by booking this cruise to celebrate my mother's retirement and so we are along for the ride so to speak. I am not looking to dump my younger daughter, she is also very attached to her mommy (unlike her older sister who I think will love the 3-5 year program!) so I actually want to spend the time with her as does my husband who normally works long hours. I don't think we will end up using the babysitting services though because my parents are offering and excited to help us watch the girls. They have even suggested doing splitting so one of us eats early seating and the other eats at late seating so they can watch the girls while my husband and I have a quiet dinner, but we will have the girls all day long.

Do you know if they have the back pool open for the kids or is it only open for a short time? How does that work? Right now she is not potty trained but she is only turning 22 months tomorrow - but she is going on the potty fairly regularly and we aren't traveling until late summer so I figure I have some time to work on it and she will need to be mostly trained for preschool anyway but if she isn't trained she isn't and I will deal with it at that point. My other one is fully potty trained so that is no issue. If she is trained they will let her in the pools and the ball pit right?

Also do you know if they allow you to bring juice on board? I know you can't bring alcohol but I never considered or tried to bring drinks before - but with 2 young children having some milk boxes, juice boxes or small juice bottles (gerber) and some bottled water would be helpful or am I stuck getting a drink package for both girls that includes juice (they don't drink any soda or lemonade)?

The child must be completely trained, and by that I mean, no pull ups either, in order to use the pool. Unlike some ships, Celebrity does not have baby splash zones for diapered kids.

Yes, you can bring juice boxes on board. It's actually a very good idea.

As for the kids club, a lot depends on who's running it. On some cruises, the time you could bring your underage child into the room was limited to just 45 minutes a day. It was not something you could just show up and do. Best to look at the daily kid's activities program, available at the Guest Relations desk, and see the times you can take your child to the program. Like I said, on many of the cruises we were on, the take your child time was very limited.

The child must be completely trained, and by that I mean, no pull ups either, in order to use the pool. Unlike some ships, Celebrity does not have baby splash zones for diapered kids.

Yes, you can bring juice boxes on board. It's actually a very good idea.

As for the kids club, a lot depends on who's running it. On some cruises, the time you could bring your underage child into the room was limited to just 45 minutes a day. It was not something you could just show up and do. Best to look at the daily kid's activities program, available at the Guest Relations desk, and see the times you can take your child to the program. Like I said, on many of the cruises we were on, the take your child time was very limited.

No I totally understand and I used to cringe when I see the kids in diapers in the pool so that is not an issue - and a pull up IS just a fancy diaper - so that is not potty trained IMO. I don't think this will be an issue as she is going on the potty more and more frequently now and we have about 5 more months so I have the summer to get her trained (she needs to be for preschool anyway).

We don't need it all day there are 4 of us (my parents and DH and I) to entertain her and she is pretty easy going. She will most likely just be happy to take walks around the decks and investigate.

Just off the Eclipse (S-Class Ship) and we had our 7 and 2 1/2 yr olds with us. Our 7 yr old loved the Fun Factory. She wanted to go every night and during the day too. We were able to take advantage of Kids Club for our 2 1/2 yr old. We had to stay with him but it was a nice change to have activities and toys for him to play with to take a break from the pool. He was potty trained so it was not an issue for us. He could go in the pool. We actually had two other families in our group and one had a child the same age. They were asked the first day if he was potty trained when he was going into the pool. Fortunately he was.

The staff in Fun Factory was amazing. In fact, they would come up to our little one during the day when we were not in Fun Factory. They remembered his name and talked to him, which made him feel special. I would definitely suggest you try to book a babysitter your first day. You can always cancel with notice. They told us it was $8/hour and this included two babysitters for up to two kids. They were unfortunately booked and could not find us someone but we managed with family members that night that helped out while we went to Specialty Restaurant. They did tell us the babysitters were not necessarily part of Fun Factory staff. It could be from stateroom attendent but they try to make sure they are good with kids or even have kids of their own to be qualified.

Hope this helps.

Archived