Can't believe I'm asking a clothing question...

kywildcatfanone

Ditto. That's my frustration, as well.

As someone who is responsible for coordinating revisions of web-based info at my job, I know that sometimes it's difficult to remember every place things are posted. I suspect it's an unintentional discrepancy. Which doesn't help any of us at all, really. Ugh is right.

Yeah you are right. Well I'm printing out the downloaded answer book version and taking a copy of it with me. I suppose it won't hurt to put a button down long sleeve shirt in my suitcase just in case...

And while I agree with you about difficulty keeping track of content at times, it's the "online" cruise answer book and the "downloaded" cruise answer book. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep track of updating the same file in two places. This is the kind of thing that leads to upset passengers, and should be easily avoidable.

Mike

We just came off the Crown a few weeks ago. We dressed up for the first formal night but decided against if for the second. We specifically asked the Maitre d' (Neville) if it would be acceptable to dress smart casual on that night in the Crown Grill and he told us it would be no problem. In fact, he even went and made the reservation for us. There were a few others dressed casually, but most were dressed in formal wear.

Same true here! NO PROBLEM! :)

Yeah you are right. Well I'm printing out the downloaded answer book version and taking a copy of it with me. I suppose it won't hurt to put a button down long sleeve shirt in my suitcase just in case...

And while I agree with you about difficulty keeping track of content at times, it's the "online" cruise answer book and the "downloaded" cruise answer book. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep track of updating the same file in two places. This is the kind of thing that leads to upset passengers, and should be easily avoidable.

Mike

Oh, I agree 100%. But, from a practical perspective, I know it's easy to miss things. That's why, since I took this over, we're all about lists and spreadsheets. :p

And I hate lists and spreadsheets. :mad:

As for the topic at hand, it's funny: we've done formal every single cruise so far and always enjoyed it. But, we had gotten to where we were really looking forward to not doing it this time. I guess that's why I'm so frustrated. I may do the same thing as you. As others have suggested, I highly doubt that you would be turned away for not wearing a jacket and tie, but you never know. As for fitting in, I couldn't really care less. When I dress up, it's because I want to, not because of what others will think. And when others don't, I really don't notice or care. Either way, it certainly won't "ruin my cruise."

Oh, I agree 100%. But, from a practical perspective, I know it's easy to miss things. That's why, since I took this over, we're all about lists and spreadsheets. :p

And I hate lists and spreadsheets. :mad:

As for the topic at hand, it's funny: we've done formal every single cruise so far and always enjoyed it. But, we had gotten to where we were really looking forward to not doing it this time. I guess that's why I'm so frustrated. I may do the same thing as you. As others have suggested, I highly doubt that you would be turned away for not wearing a jacket and tie, but you never know. As for fitting in, I couldn't really care less. When I dress up, it's because I want to, not because of what others will think. And when others don't, I really don't notice or care. Either way, it certainly won't "ruin my cruise."

Yes, I feel exactly the same way as you. We have done formal nights on most of our cruises, but just don't want to this time, and I don't care what others are wearing, has no affect on my experience at all.

Mike

Sorry to haul this back up again. Would one not think of Crown Grill or Sabbatini's (or whatever venues depending upon the ship) as "Anytime Dining" as one can make a reservation and dine 'anytime' whether one opted for "Anytime" or "Traditional" Dining??

I totally agree that there should be clarity on this question and that both Cruise Answer Book & Prin.com should both read identically on this (or any) subject. The present wording (in both cases) is very open to interpretation and thus to possible ruffled feelings. Not a good thing.

Archived