Sun and Dawn Princess

Floridiana

We are in the process of planning a New Zealand and Australia Cruise. We could cruise with the Sun Princess to NZ and back, then take a break of 10 days and board the Dawn Princess for a cruise around OZ. Or we could do both in one swoop on the Dawn Princess.

If you know the two ships, which one would be your preference?

These ships are sister ships and close to identical. Not sure why, but we have always preferred the Sun over the Dawn Princess though. I wish I could give you specifics, but it was just our preference after sailing on both of them several times when they were sailing from the U.S.

We are in the process of planning a New Zealand and Australia Cruise. We could cruise with the Sun Princess to NZ and back, then take a break of 10 days and board the Dawn Princess for a cruise around OZ. Or we could do both in one swoop on the Dawn Princess.

we have been on both ships and they are both the same....if you are going to take a 10 day break where would you stay as stopping in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne is not cheap....if you do a b2b on the Dawn Princess it'd be ok

We have been on both ships. Honestly there is no difference. Make your choice on the itinerary. If you have the chance of extending your trip by stopping off in Sydney for 10 days, do it! You could fly up to Cairns for the Great Barrier Reef or Brisbaneand visit the Gold Coast or you could come to the Sunshine Coast and see God's country ( I am a little bias there LOL).

Whichever you choose remember the Sun and Dawn Princess are smaller (which I like sometimes) and that the currency onboard is AU$. At the moment it is on parity with the US$ so no biggie there.

Enjoy your trip. :D

You could join us on March 3, 2012 on the Sun for 13 nights RT Sydney to NZ, then we can board the Dawn on March 16, 2012 for 28 nights to circumnavigate OZ.

We booked the Sea Princess: Sydney - NZ - Sydney for a February 20, 2012 departure.

The next step is the Dawn Princess for the circumnavigation of Australia. We are offered a cabin on the Riviera deck, only one door away from the exit to the stairs and just below the Horizon Court. Now I am getting worried about noise from above and from the pool nearby.

This cruise is almost booked solid, at least on the port side which we requested.

We'll use the time between the two cruises for independent travel in Australia.

We booked the Sea Princess: Sydney - NZ - Sydney for a February 20, 2012 departure.

The next step is the Dawn Princess for the circumnavigation of Australia. We are offered a cabin on the Riviera deck, only one door away from the exit to the stairs and just below the Horizon Court. Now I am getting worried about noise from above and from the pool nearby.

This cruise is almost booked solid, at least on the port side which we requested.

We'll use the time between the two cruises for independent travel in Australia.

Just a word of warning about the Riviera Deck. If you are on the port side near the entrance to the pool deck that is where the smokers gather to puff away. It does tend to stink there. If it was me I would look at another deck if possible. Could your TA keep an eye open for a cancellation?

We had an unforgettable cruise on Sun Princess when it was new and the design seemed incredible. Since then, we cruised Sea and Ocean Princess (Sisters of the Sun and Dawn) and enjoyed riding the waves from cabins close to the Bridge. These sister ships are identical in design.

I would book on the ship that has Captain Christy and/or Chef Alfredo Marzi. They added an abundance of pleasure to our cruise experience. Unfortunately, I don't know where they are today.

The ten day land tour between cruises sounds wonderful but strenuous. Back to back cruising on the same ship is wonderful and relaxing.

Claire

Archived