Carnival Childrens Menu

kah123

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere and I've done a search and can't find anything. We are travelling on Carnival Triumph a few weeks from now. I found sample menus posted on the zydecocruiser site. The kids menu is basically what kids menus are everywhere. My daughter loves trying new things though and doesn't always like standard kids food. In restaurants at home when she wants to try something new her and I usually just share a meal and nix the kids option all together. If she wants to try something new in the main dining room will she be able to order something off of the regular menu or do the kids have to basically stick to their own menu?

Hi, my kids are now ages 12--14. They normally order exclusively from kids menus at restaurants and are pretty picky eaters at home. When we first cruised two years ago, the youngest were 10. I encouraged all of them to try new foods they were curious about since they are "free" on a cruise. My kids enjoyed trying the seafood in particular, but also once or twice retreated to the kids menu when they were tired of experimenting. We are leaving on our 3rd cruise on Saturday, and one of my boys told me his favorite thing he is looking forward to is the "fancy dinner" night when he can dress up and have lobster. How far we have come!

Wow! Lobster.. you have come a long way. I think that mine may try food, but often times they seem to get by on air with a side of nothing. If I ate like they did, I wouldn't be carrying around as much of me as I am.

Nancy

Children are not limited to food on the "kid's" menu; they may order from any menu.

Thanks thats exactly what I was hoping for.

Hi, my kids are now ages 12--14. They normally order exclusively from kids menus at restaurants and are pretty picky eaters at home. When we first cruised two years ago, the youngest were 10. I encouraged all of them to try new foods they were curious about since they are "free" on a cruise. My kids enjoyed trying the seafood in particular, but also once or twice retreated to the kids menu when they were tired of experimenting. We are leaving on our 3rd cruise on Saturday, and one of my boys told me his favorite thing he is looking forward to is the "fancy dinner" night when he can dress up and have lobster. How far we have come!

My oldest, 5, is super excited about trying everything. She loves sushi though so I was really hoping she'd be able to try anything. She's got a love for food.

Wow! Lobster.. you have come a long way. I think that mine may try food, but often times they seem to get by on air with a side of nothing. If I ate like they did, I wouldn't be carrying around as much of me as I am.

This is exactly how I feel about my youngest, 2. I swear he must eat nothing. But throw candy or chocolate in front of him and he sure knows how to eat then.

Mine were quick to discover the free ice cream lol so three of them wouldn't be starving. I have one that won't even eat ice cream! And one that won't drink soda! (of course EVERYONE likes McDonalds and chicken nuggets).

My kids are already extremely looking forward to the ice cream. They love the idea they can get ice cream anytime they want to.

Adults have been known to order the banana split off the kids menu...EM

MMM....sounds good to me.

Something else to keep in mind, for the little ones that want to try something different. Several of the entrees on the main menu can be ordered as an appetizer - it's just a smaller portion.

We've had eaters with all the variety of odd eating habits on our cruises. The oddest was our Legend cruise the 5 yr old decided she only wanted to eat white food. So, she had pasta - no sauce or cheese, mashed potatoes, vanilla ice cream and (thank goodness - the waiter came up with this) broiled fish - no seasoning.

The wait staff will try to make the kids happy. If they don't like whatever entree they order, they can ask for something else.

Something else to keep in mind, for the little ones that want to try something different. Several of the entrees on the main menu can be ordered as an appetizer - it's just a smaller portion.

We've had eaters with all the variety of odd eating habits on our cruises. The oddest was our Legend cruise the 5 yr old decided she only wanted to eat white food. So, she had pasta - no sauce or cheese, mashed potatoes, vanilla ice cream and (thank goodness - the waiter came up with this) broiled fish - no seasoning.

The wait staff will try to make the kids happy. If they don't like whatever entree they order, they can ask for something else.

Wow....good for that waiter. I would have been at a loss too.

Thats good to keep in mind about ordering them as appetizers. Thats a better option assuming they won't be able to finish an entire meal anyway.

thanks!

Archived