Why Do I Have This OBC?

spj8705

Hello everyone. Sorry for making this my first post, I've been here for years though lol. So I leave tommorow and I was reprinting my stuff and saw that I have an OBC of 31.05. This wasn't there when I first did my docs. I called Carnival and they have no clue. I'm happy of course but just wondering if you've ever had it happen and why. Thanks :D

Hello everyone. Sorry for making this my first post, I've been here for years though lol. So I leave tommorow and I was reprinting my stuff and saw that I have an OBC of 31.05. This wasn't there when I first did my docs. I called Carnival and they have no clue. I'm happy of course but just wondering if you've ever had it happen and why. Thanks :D

They re-calculate your "Govt Fees & Taxes" at or slightly before sailaway and credit your account if they have decreased. You can check what you paid for same at booking and check the site for the current amount for your cruise, and it's probably dropped by that amount, for the cabin. ken

On the Liberty last week, we rec'd that same credit. I was thinking it was a good will gesture because we left Miami almost 5 hours late. This makes much more sense! Either way, I was happy to see any kind of credit.

yeah enjoy the OBC, that covers about 3 drinks(LOL) have a great cruise. We just got a 25$ OBC because they cancelled our cruise, and we had paid in full, and moved the cruise within 7 days. I thought 25 was kind of low, but it's more than what I had to begin with.

Archived