Island - cabin under pool/horizon court

cruisesusie

We had the same concerns when we booked a balcony guarantee on the Island and were assigned to A433. We sailed in January, shortly after the ship had been in drydock for the addition of the MUTS screen and our stateroom was directly below where the screen/pool were located.

There was no noise at all when we were in the stateroom and only once while we were on the balcony; the deck staff were stacking pool loungers in a corner, directly over our head. Even this noise was minimal.

I would have no concerns about your stateroom location.

Mike

Thanks Mike - now I feel better about the location.

Susan

Looks like DH spent some time reading CC during his lunch break :D I second his comments that we had no problem with noise from above in our Aloha balcony on the Island Princess.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

...if you are a good sleeper and can block out noise, no problems with having a cabin under the pool.

If you want a nice relaxing vacation, I would move from that room. Under the horizon court is not bad because there is carpet, but under the pool deck, be prepared to be awakened by the sounds of dragging and dropping of lounge chairs from above. Stayed in both locations and just giving you my thoughts.

I contacted my t/a about a change. The Princess rep told him all the open cabins are on Aloha, but she'll put in a request. I doubt there will be a change. Since its an Alaska cruise, there's a chance the pool won't be used much.

Susan

Take a look at this thread. According to the poster, A433 was the "good" cabin. Cabin A437 was a continual problem because of overhead pumps. Possibly the problem has been mitigated by now?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=937567

Hi: I've been reading these posts. We've booked A 422 Aloha Deck, which is under the Lido Deck. Hope we won't have 'noise issues'...Tried to get a lower deck, but all bumps sold out. Any information regarding this particular cabin will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.:)

Archived