Sea Kayaking in Juneau, Alaska Question

Hazmat9

My wife and I were talking about doing the glacier view sea kayaking excursion in Juneau, Alaska when we depart this May. It's 3 hrs and 30 mins. long and was wondering if anyone has tried it? Specifically, my wife wants to do it but has had facet injections in her back for pain and she's afraid that it might be an uncomfortable experience, especially if you have to keep up with other kayakers and are paddling non-stop for a while. Not sure what we should do....we are a somewhat active 40 something couple. :D Thanks, Steve

Well, your description is "sea" kayaking which means in Auke Bay, NOT On Mendenhall Lake. So, yes, it is going to be more "work" there. I would inquire if double kayaks are used, and don't book until on your ship and can ask the shore excursion desk- OR if you can cancel with no problem- book ahead. This probably isn't what you think, that Mendenhall "view" is miles away.

A better option may be the Mendenhall canoe trip?? Which does go on the lake.

Is your time the actual time on water??? Or does it include the transfer? IF it doesn't say, then it's actually going to be about 2 hours on the water.

Archived