Belize

ksjserv

We have cruised many, many times on both Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norweigan and this upcoming cruise will be the first time in the port of Belize.

Any info you can provide, such as things to see, do, a nice bar for a drink, maybe lunch would be helpful. I have been told that you tender to the island. We are seniors and do not snorkel or scuba so thats out of the question.

Thanks in advance.

I recommend the "river and ruins" excursion. You get a boat ride up the river, tour Altun Ha ruins (very easy walking), lunch and a bus ride back to the ship. Very enjoyable.

I agree. We really enjoyed this tour and enjoy looking at our pictures of the ruins. I would recommend this excursion.

Diana

NOT a place for tourists on their own. Having said that, if you tender in, as you dock, look to your right, there is a white two story building. It houses a very, very nice place to have lunch and an adult beverage. Few tourists seem to frequent the place so it is not a Carlos N Charlies atmosphere. Outdoor seating, if you choose, truly a great way to while away a few hours on shore. AND, the prices are very reasonable.

Belize is one of our favorite stops, and we do not snorkle or scuba. We have a private guide that we love to use, and he will take you where ever you want to go. I think next time we go, we will go to Old Belize and the zoo. Maurice is a fabulous guide, so if you'd like his email contact, let me know.

Maurice with our group in January 2009 at Altun Ha:

232323232%7Ffp5324%3B%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D32343636597%3A8nu0mrj

Maurice with my DS:

232323232%7Ffp53237%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D323436365982%3Anu0mrj

Belize is a beautiful, beautiful country. Belize City is the opposite of beautiful. Take an excursion -a ship's excursion or a private one - and see Mayan ruins, or nature and birds, or the zoo or the beach or anything else - but do not just get off the ship and hope to find something nice to do in Belize City.

I recommend the "river and ruins" excursion. You get a boat ride up the river, tour Altun Ha ruins (very easy walking), lunch and a bus ride back to the ship. Very enjoyable.

i was going to respond with the same thing. you visit Altun Ha by bus and gently walk around the area where the ruins and then are taken to a boat to go down the wallace river. we did it and it was nice!

Belize is not an island,it was British Honduras before independance.

If you are not a diver there is nothing in Belize, down town wthout a ships tour is dangerous.

The tender ride is about 20 mns.

I don't normally respond like this but "what an absurd comment"

THERE IS LOTS IN BELIZE.

Belize is truly a beautiful country. 3rd world and poor but still beautiful.

It is known for their ruins and also for the beautiful countryside and wildlife. The outer cays, while mostly a big draw for snorkelers or divers, also are quite nice. Quaint and peaceful. The tourist area of the tender dock has shopping, restaurants and bars galore. While it is best not to go wandering around Belize City on your own, a good guide can show you a wonderful day.

Please go with an open mind and a big smile.....both of those go a long way when visiting another country.

Belize is one of our favorite stops, and we do not snorkle or scuba. We have a private guide that we love to use, and he will take you where ever you want to go. I think next time we go, we will go to Old Belize and the zoo. Maurice is a fabulous guide, so if you'd like his email contact, let me know.

Please do let me know Maurice's email & website. We would like to see Lamanai- does he go there as well?

Maurice with our group in January 2009 at Altun Ha:

232323232%7Ffp5324%3B%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D32343636597%3A8nu0mrj

Maurice with my DS:

232323232%7Ffp53237%3Enu%3D3264%3E588%3E939%3EWSNRCG%3D323436365982%3Anu0mrj

We are going to Belize in Nov on the Mariner. We would be interested in having his info to contact him. Thanks.

Carolyn

He doesn't do anything with boats, so if you want the boat ride up the river, he's not your guy.

Have you ever gone on a birding tour in Belize? I'm a birder & would be interested if anyone has done that. I'm sure one would have to hire a private guide because the ships don't offer something like that. I've heard that Belize is a great place to do birding.

Maurice's email is adventurebzetours@yahoo.com

It sometimes take him a couple of days to respond. He will customize tours, so just let him know what you're interested in and when you'll be there. When we were there in 2009, he had just gotten a new minivan (w/AC) so he can only take 6 people max unless he's gotten a bigger van. He knows birds well, and even carries Audubon books on plants, trees, and birds with him. He spots them from memory but offers to the books so you can double check him.

Archived