How close to cruise for upsells

alsgirl

We were offered an upsell on Jade from aft-mini to GV for $1100. That was a week before our sailing from Barcelona. We were offered a DOS on Jewel, from a 2-BR family suite, for $900. That was the day before our sailing. I turned down the DOS because we love the AB suite (or whatever they are these days.)

I have amazing success just calling to see how much they would charge for me to upgrade.

Last cruise (bermuda) we booked an outside room, called and asked about the balcony and they upgraded us for $11 pp, thats total, not per night or anything. I was shocked and took it immediately.

How early did you make that call? Just after you booked, or some time later?

If I call my TA and pay to upgrade does it get processed as a new booking or a change to an existing booking? I'm thinking of upgrading from an inside to a balcony on my March sailing on the Epic but am worried I'll lose my show and dinner reservations if they cancel my original reservation and enter a new one.

We were offered an upsell on Jade from aft-mini to GV for $1100. That was a week before our sailing from Barcelona. We were offered a DOS on Jewel, from a 2-BR family suite, for $900. That was the day before our sailing. I turned down the DOS because we love the AB suite (or whatever they are these days.)

Funny Jewel is the only ship in the fleet without a DOS. No DOS above the Haven on the ship unlike Jade 1 DOS, and Gem/Pearl 2 DOS, They do have 4 nice OS on decks 9 and 10.

We received our upgrade fairy call more then a month before our cruise. We had an Aft Balcony on the Sky and they upgraded us to a Penthouse for $500 total. This was Feb. 9th and we do not cruise till March 12th. May not have been the best deal, but I am happy with it.

Archived