USA - UK Cruisers age's

DEEDIA

I was thinking if the age of Cruisers differs from across the pond. I notice with Cruising RCI the age of the Amercians seems higher than those from the UK, even though we are out numbered.

If I may add we are 48 & 50 and as you can see done a few Cruisers. Still working Medical Secretary and a HGV Driver.

depends on the ship too.

I've only done three cruises - my fourth being Caribbean princess on April 17th.

Crown Princess: UK customers were about 40 - 60 age group, although many families with older children and teens. Hardly any couple, if any, of my age (in 2007 aged 28 and 30). US and Canadian customers were about the same but with far more younger people 20 - 30 age group. There was a considerable number of VERY elderly Americans (80 +).

Sea Princess (x2): Mainly Brits and the age group tended to be the same - 40 - 60 years. Some families - most with older children and teens. Some only child families. Not many VERY elderly people.

Atmosphere was different too. Crown was livelier but Sea princess catered more for UK - what can I say?!?

We noticed that the Americans on our NCL cruises in the Med were not particularily old, and that could be because of the long flights. The winter one we did was not a draw for many Europeans, except ex-pat Brits living in Spain, who seemed to pay peanuts (as did we from the UK, I have to say!!).

We've been twice on Ventura in Europe, and there were many families on board, often from baby up to grandparents.

Sea Princess does deal with lots of Brits because of charter flights from provincial airports like Doncaster- I noticed families on there, too, and several weddings, because Princess and P&O seem to be the only lines which can marry people on board, usually on sea days. So- lots of wedding guests, of various ages.

Jo.

Archived