Miami Hotel--Pre cruise

apples1996

We are sailing on the Allure for our "honeymoon". I'm not sure after dating for 15 years it will be the traditional thing. We are taking our 12 year old daughter, too. We figured she put the Oasis on her Christmas list two years ago and Santa didn't feel the need to rush it to her then we just didn't feel the trip would be complete without her taking part in sailing on the BIGGEST ship with us.

With that being said, we are looking for a nice hotel to stay at for one night. We fly out at 11:30 a.m. the next day. Her dad mentioned the Fountain Bleau if we could get it reasonable but I don't forsee that happening. I said we can have a drink at their bar and call it a day. Does anyone have some suggestions? We of course would like to be able to walk to the beach. We would have the whole day on July 3rd to enjoy the hotel ammenties, beach and surrounding area.

Thanks in advance for your KIND input.

Sharon

Kentucky

Are you flying into FLL or Miami? :confused: The beach in Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood (between Fort Lauderdale and Miami) is very nice and can be much cheaper than Miami Beach.

For South Beach hotel suggestions, you should check out Blue Heron's blog. Good luck! :)

I suppose I should have said post cruise. We are flying into Miami early the day before the cruise and plan to stay at the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale. It is when we diembark we plan to stay in Miami since we are flying out of there. Sorry for the incorrect info.

I suppose I should have said post cruise. We are flying into Miami early the day before the cruise and plan to stay at the Renaissance in Fort Lauderdale. It is when we diembark we plan to stay in Miami since we are flying out of there. Sorry for the incorrect info.

The Fountainbleu has gotten stupid expensive since they went through an almost billion dollar renovation. It is horribly overpriced.

Did you check out prices for the Eden Roc next door? They have a cool pool.

What about The Loews in South Beach? They have a great kids program your daughter would love.

I can't argue with Blue Heron's hotel advice.;) Flying into MIA for a cruise out of Port Everglades is something of a hassel - rental car is likely your best option for a party of 3 although most of the hotels suggested will charge you a daily parking fee. :( If you'd like ot arrive in styles, Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for service from Miami and the cost should be close to or less than for a taxi (in the $85-95 range to beach front hotels in FLL). Good luck! :)

Archived