Balcony Tip & Trucks?

CelticChick

Hi all,

We're going on the Golden Princess in three weeks!! La to Hawaii and back :) We've never had a balcony room before, can you tell me any tips or tricks I might need to know? I saw one post about bringing a bunge cord to hold the door open.....wouldn't have thought of that!

Thanks for your help

Hi all,

We're going on the Golden Princess in three weeks!! La to Hawaii and back :) We've never had a balcony room before, can you tell me any tips or tricks I might need to know? I saw one post about bringing a bunge cord to hold the door open.....wouldn't have thought of that!

Thanks for your help

A bunge cord will not work on the Golden because the balcony doors are the slidding kind. Also, by leaving the balcony door open will make affect the thermostat in your room. Thus making your A/C work overtime drawing power from the other rooms near you. This will increase the temperature and humidity levels in the other rooms.

Thats right on Princess no bungies needed, but sliding door or not you can use the door stop thats on the floor by your front door. Stewards use it to prop your hall door open while cleaning. Don't worry about your A/C, if you fresh air prop open your door, if you want air conditioned air close your balcony door. Last cruise I was on, the A/C went off automaticly if you left door open.:p

I have only been on Royal Caribbean. The air always turns off automatically when the door is opened. I don't understand the propping open, on Royal the sliding door stays open until you shut it. :confused:

I have only been on Royal Caribbean. The air always turns off automatically when the door is opened. I don't understand the propping open, on Royal the sliding door stays open until you shut it. :confused:

As for everyone chiming in about the effects of leaving the balcony door open on the AC, I have asked the following question numerous times, and yet have gotten an answer:

If the outside temperature is 60 degrees or lower, how does leaving the balcony door open effect the AC?

As for everyone chiming in about the effects of leaving the balcony door open on the AC, I have asked the following question numerous times, and yet have gotten an answer:

If the outside temperature is 60 degrees or lower, how does leaving the balcony door open effect the AC?

The air conditioning not only lowers the temps, also the humidity. If you ever walk down the passageway when a balcony is open, you will hear and feel the wind whistling under and around the door. Same for an adjoining stateroom if there is one. The whole system has to work harder and that's why some/most cruise lines shut down your ac when the balcony is open. It still has a negative effect on the rest of the ship. Given the circumstance you mention, why not just close the door?:cool:

The air conditioning not only lowers the temps, also the humidity. If you ever walk down the passageway when a balcony is open, you will hear and feel the wind whistling under and around the door. Same for an adjoining stateroom if there is one. The whole system has to work harder and that's why some/most cruise lines shut down your ac when the balcony is open. It still has a negative effect on the rest of the ship. Given the circumstance you mention, why not just close the door?:cool:

Maybe I like it cold with fresh air.

Suppose the temperature outside is 30 degrees.

You are saying that the AC will still be in use to lower humidity?:eek:

Sorry, I don't buy what you are selling.

Archived