Fibromyalgia and shore excursions

Hi all anothe thread for those of us with fibro.

I am considering a shore excursion for jet skiing. Anyone with fibro ever jet ski'd?

Not sure how rought it would be, also if I should be the driver or hold on at the back as a double ride.

Any input appreciated on other shore excursions you have experienced and recommend with fibro!

Thanks

Interesting question. Why not take a peek on youtube and mke a decision. I also would rather be the driver, definitely not the passenger. Unless you're jumping waves or going at the maximum speed, you should be AOK.

If you ride like my DS, you will be lifted off the water a lot!

cruisedivanj

It honestly depends on the water Ive been jetsking (waverunners) in Coco Cay in the bahamas where it was flat as a pancake and it wasnt too bad, but I've gone in Key West and when we were on the Atlantic side it was very rough boughing around all over.

The problem with going slow is that you loose control of your steering. The faster you go the more control you have believe it or not, so you can go slow to avoid breaking the surf but you'll feel like you can not steer.

Every single time i have gone on a waverunner the next day my body is sore, but I'm out of shape and it may be just from using muscles in my body that I am not used to.

Archived