JW and Jerome's Sun-Sensational Norwegian Sun St. Patty's Day 2011 Cruise Review

cruiseguys2009

JW you keep saying you are sailing the Sun in October but you don't have a countdown clock and you haven't joined our roll call.....you aren't just being a big ole tease are ya?:rolleyes:

JW a tease? Nah, just look at the picture :)

JW -- did you decide yet if you'll be on the Sun with us Oct. 22nd? (hope so!!)

Tracy

We have not confirmed yet but are planning on it. NCL and CAS are so persistent in their emails and calls......

also, there is the Carnival Legend sailing we are doing in the beginning of the month....with other Cruise Critic members from previous Carnival sailings.....what to do, what to do....

JW you keep saying you are sailing the Sun in October but you don't have a countdown clock and you haven't joined our roll call.....you aren't just being a big ole tease are ya?:rolleyes:

Ole? Well, getting there.

Tease? Never been told that in my life....always get what I want when I want where I want and you better believe, How I want it....LOL!

Big? That sir, is the truth!

October 22, you shall meet the Sun Queen yet!

Clay, you are too funny!

Thanks JW for your outstanding review and thanks to everyone else for all the additional information about the Sun. We are seriously considering it for our fourth NCL cruise -- doing the Baltic out of Copenhagen in September.

Just wondering how you find out who is going to be working on the ship prior to sailing, i.e. the Cruise Director, et al.

You are so very welcome. I have been friends with Shona Blair Yaws on Facebook for two years now, and that is how I found out she was on the Sun. However, if you have a favorite Cruise Director, "Friend" them on Facebook, and you can follow their career and ships. You can also inquire with your "Friend" who may be the CD on an upcoming sailing.

Carnival posts their Cruise Directors on John Hearld's site a year in advance, but NCL does not.

Have fun in the Baltics! It's just the right size for a Med Cruise, and no Cheap "Silvers" either!

Thanks darlin'. BTW, I was totally SHOCKED to read your comments about the Silvers who cancelled the automatic gratuities on board. Like you, we tend to overtip and find this type of behaviour appalling and cheap. Frankly, we like the fact that the tips ARE included as it saves us the hassle of trying to remember everyone who was nice to us on the cruise (which is, frankly, everyone!) We also like to pass along a little extra to those people who've been especially helpful. :)

Thanks darlin'. BTW, I was totally SHOCKED to read your comments about the Silvers who cancelled the automatic gratuities on board. Like you, we tend to overtip and find this type of behaviour appalling and cheap. Frankly, we like the fact that the tips ARE included as it saves us the hassle of trying to remember everyone who was nice to us on the cruise (which is, frankly, everyone!) We also like to pass along a little extra to those people who've been especially helpful. :)

I do too! And because of the "Silver's" lack of generocity, NCL has now decided to move the Sun back to Miami....among other reasons.

And Happy Sailing to everyone this morning!

I just wanted to say that your review was INCREDIBLY helpful for my first time cruising on the Sun the 2nd thru the 9th of this month.. I think our entertainment was a little different than yours? Was Romano on your cruise? I found him to be quite enjoyable, but glad that Rod was not on our ship as I probably would not have watched him.. I didn't go see Dave Heenan, either.

I just wanted to say that your review was INCREDIBLY helpful for my first time cruising on the Sun the 2nd thru the 9th of this month.. I think our entertainment was a little different than yours? Was Romano on your cruise? I found him to be quite enjoyable, but glad that Rod was not on our ship as I probably would not have watched him.. I didn't go see Dave Heenan, either.

We met Dave Heenan on another sailing, he is certainly a character, and performs outside of his show too! Funny guy. I am glad that my review met your expectations.....hope you had a week of wonderful giddy tinkling memories!

JW

How did you make out with the Oct. 22 eastern on the Sun. Were there any berths left for you ? All of us in the roll call are hoping you can make it for that date.

p.s. I still find myself going back and re-reading your review and still laugh out loud at the good parts. My DW laughs so much she has to "tinkle" lol. Cheers .....the Ump :D

How did you make out with the Oct. 22 eastern on the Sun. Were there any berths left for you ? All of us in the roll call are hoping you can make it for that date.

p.s. I still find myself going back and re-reading your review and still laugh out loud at the good parts. My DW laughs so much she has to "tinkle" lol. Cheers .....the Ump :D

Thank you so much for Laughing! We Live, Laugh and Love on all our Cruises and I always want to find something funny in everything.

Sadly thou, all the October 22nd Cruisers will have to tinkle by themselves as Jerome and I cannot get a cabin on board. All of the balcony cabins are sold out for the CAS and NCL is has closed out the ship for the time being. Right now, we have to wait until Final Payment Date to see what opens up. However, if we did get on thru CAS we will not be eligible for the Million Dollar Slot Tourney as all the positions are sold out.

We will wait with baited breath.....

JW

:(:(:( Sad news to hear. But keep your hopes up , never know what the future brings. I still think you'll be on the ship with us come Oct.

Keep us posted..... Cheers ........the Ump :D

We were hopeful, but as of now, we are going on the Carnival Legend on the 9th of October! Can't do two in a month...but what if it were for a chance for a million dollars????

I'm not the board police but it's considered poor internet etiquette to keep bumping your own post.

Have a great day.

It sure sounds like it !!!!!

p.s. where did you buy that book on internet etiquette ? or have you not published it yet ??;);)

p.p.s. And a Very Happy Easter to You also Cruiseguys !

Archived