Spa services and tipping

I've never used the spa services on a ship, but we'll be going on the FOS tomorrow & I received a coupon for a free spa service from my travel agent. I'm assuming I'll need to tip, but I'm not sure how that works. Does it automatically go on the sign & sail card? It'll probably be pretty self explanatory when I get there, but I thought I'd ask since so many of my other questions have been answered by this board!

I've never used the spa services on a ship, but we'll be going on the FOS tomorrow & I received a coupon for a free spa service from my travel agent. I'm assuming I'll need to tip, but I'm not sure how that works. Does it automatically go on the sign & sail card? It'll probably be pretty self explanatory when I get there, but I thought I'd ask since so many of my other questions have been answered by this board!

We had the same type of deal on our Jewel cruise in November. There was not an automatic gratuity on the bill, but you could add one if you wanted to charge it or you can tip in cash. I used my coupon for a facial and loved it!

Have a wonderful cruise, we are going on the Freedom in June so write a review when you get back!

Sherri:)

On my Oasis cruise a couple of weeks ago the tip was automatcally included as a seperate line item. I just paid what I was going to normally tip anyway. It was more than what they included so I don't know what would happen if a person wanted to tip less or not at all.

I am soooo jealous!!:) I am going in May. Please post a review when you get back. We are anxious to hear about all the new stuff.

Have an awesome time on your cruise.

Ann

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited and will definitely post a review with pictures when we get back (since I love reading everyone else's!) Someone whose son works on FOS wrote on our meet and mingle board that drydock is ahead of schedule so we should be boarding on time Sun. Our flight leaves for Orlando later this afternoon. Can't wait!!! :D

Hi SLDcruiser - I had one of the those coupons when we were on Oasis. The receptionist at the spa told to give the coupon to the esthetician. When the facial was over, he left to give me time to get up and change. When he ecame back into the room, he had already charged my sea pass card. I gave him the coupon and he reversed it quickly and brought the new receipt back into the room where there was a line for the tip. The facial was $119.95 and I tipped him $25 since he was awesome.

I was a bit worried on how the procedure worked too. It might be different for FOS, but perhaps have the coupon ready for the esthetician or massage therapist in the beginning, so they don't charge you right away.

I checked my account on our TV when I got back to our room and the charge/credit, plus the $25 was listed.

Enjoy!

On my Oasis cruise a couple of weeks ago the tip was automatcally included as a seperate line item. I just paid what I was going to normally tip anyway. It was more than what they included so I don't know what would happen if a person wanted to tip less or not at all.

Do you remember what percentage was automatically included?

I assume Im tipping in cash at the end, regardless of something built in and Ive found they push their spa products REAL hard because they make commission on them. So in order to save the agaony of the whole sales pitch on crap I have no interest in buying and dragging back home, it works to tell them up front that you'll glady tip them generously in cash following the service if they'll skip pushing the products. I'll give $20-$25.

Archived