To Be Assigned - Seven Days To Go

CorbinCatFan

You know I booked last minute when there were nothing but great cabins left and had the same hopes. ... then they started upselling. ... I just one deck upgrade what I booked.

Id say dont get your hopes up. It used to mean a great upgrade when it was last minute, not so much lately imo.

The only answer anyone can give you is that you'll get at least what you paid for. You may get an upgrade but don't count on it.

The key to not being disappointed with guarantee bookings is to know that you'll most likely get the minimum cabin in the category and being happy with that knowledge.

:)

The only answer anyone can give you is that you'll get at least what you paid for. You may get an upgrade but don't count on it.

The key to not being disappointed with guarantee bookings is to know that you'll most likely get the minimum cabin in the category and being happy with that knowledge.

:)

True.

I've been scoping out all the 8A's (one deck down to the Promenade) and would love to know which one is mine.:D

The only time we did not get an advance guarantee assignment, we ended up with an outside when we paid for an inside.

When you get to the port, ask one of the porters who takes your bags for a passenger manifest. It will show every person on the ship and their room. You can look up yourself and discover your roon (or anyone else's, for that matter ;).)

You will need to do that so you can write your room number on your luggage tags. The porter will have a supply of blank tags, or you can print them off and bring with you. A sharpie comes in real handy here.

The only time we did not get an advance guarantee assignment, we ended up with an outside when we paid for an inside.

When you get to the port, ask one of the porters who takes your bags for a passenger manifest. It will show every person on the ship and their room. You can look up yourself and discover your roon (or anyone else's, for that matter ;).)

You will need to do that so you can write your room number on your luggage tags. The porter will have a supply of blank tags, or you can print them off and bring with you. A sharpie comes in real handy here.

Wait............really! This seems like such a huge breach of safety, having the ability to know all passengers, their rooms etc. When you call a person and you don't know their cabin number you just have to give their name and they connect you, they don't even give you the cabin number. This seems sooooooooooooooo bad, if true. I am shocked beyond belief this could be a reality!!!!

Wait............really! This seems like such a huge breach of safety, having the ability to know all passengers, their rooms etc. When you call a person and you don't know their cabin number you just have to give their name and they connect you, they don't even give you the cabin number. This seems sooooooooooooooo bad, if true. I am shocked beyond belief this could be a reality!!!!

I think you are misunderstanding. there is a porter desk with one copy of the manifest who will look you up if you dont yet have your cabin #.

you dont get the manifest ... it is laying on a table and I guess if you can read fast enough upside down from a standing position, you might be able to see someone elses cabin number. ..

I think you are misunderstanding. there is a porter desk with one copy of the manifest who will look you up if you dont yet have your cabin #.

you dont get the manifest ... it is laying on a table and I guess if you can read fast enough upside down from a standing position, you might be able to see someone elses cabin number. ..

Yes, thanks, that does sound better, appreciate your clarification. As you can tell I was taken aback with the thought they were just hand that to anyone!! This makes sense.

Happy Cruising!

Archived