Port of Miami to MIA

wiks

Does anyone have any recent experience/recommendations for reliable shuttle or limo services companies (pre-arranged) from Port of Miami to Miami International Airport? Thanks.

Wiks:)

Just make sure you have afternoon flights if you plan on using a taxi

We arrived at POM on March 16th on the Marina... what a fiasco

Many missed their flights

We were in the taxi line for over an hour

we had a 12:35 flight ...I thought we were good with that time

Made it with 40 minutes to spare before boarding

Lyn

When we arrived in Miami in 2008 it was a disaster as well. These lovely well dressed people were pushing and shoving, screaming and yelling like 3 year olds. We finally walked out of the dockyard area and were then able to get a cab. Will never disembark there again if I can help it.

Mo

Car hire from Miami Port.

We are hiring a car when we get off our cruise in Miami, I have read that you can arrange to be meet by your car hire, has anyone done this? If not do you normally take a cab to car hire company?

AMAZING TAXI/Driver I have go to tell you the story, so there are 4 of us disembarking at the Miami Port with a small ton of luggage. We finally got a cab who took us to our hotel the Double Tree, about a $50 cab ride with out the tip. Anyway, ends up we left a bag at the port on the sidewalk. Of course it was a med. bag with everything important in it. Well he had given us his card so we could call him to take us to the airport when we were done, so we called him, he went back to the port., found the supervisor and found our bag, only they wouldnt give it to him, so he leaves with another fare, calls me, tells me to call the port authority, give him permission to pick up and he would go back, which he did, spent more of his time getting my bag, then drove it back to me. Of course I gave him $100, he was satisfied. When he called him to take us to airport and my folk were going on to car rental, he closed the meter when he dropped us off first, then took them on at no additional charge.

So when I saw your question I went digging in my wallet, and sure enough his card was there. says call for appt. 24/7 Hubert Taxi Service (786)277-1753. Not sure about this, but the back of the card has the number (305)375-3677 and #14822, this could be the company he works for and his employee number. I believe the first number is his personal cell, which you could call anytime. Please do, very nice fellow, went way above and beyond. Could of said sorry lady, and I would have had to take acouple more cab rides, after just getting to my nice hotel.:D

There is a huge lineup to get a taxi at the Miami port and it's controlled chaos. I would suggest you get off much earlier than planned to get a cab or make arrangements on line prior to sailing.

Our friends had the concierge make arrangements for a car while we were onboard due to their short lead time to catch their plane to Canada. It worked out great.

Car hire from Miami Port.

We are hiring a car when we get off our cruise in Miami, I have read that you can arrange to be meet by your car hire, has anyone done this? If not do you normally take a cab to car hire company?

There were several Rental car shuttles at the port.

when you come out of the terminal turn right you will see the private shuttles there

Lyn

I cant help but think that this is much ado about nothing.

If you give the Porter an extra $20 when he takes your bags, and tell him that you need to get a cab quickly, you'll be in the car before you know it.

You'll never even see the Taxi line

I have just checked to see how many ships are docked in Miami when we leave the Port on 26th April. The website shows only the Regatta :) so I was wondering if there would be as much chaos, as suggested in the messages above, trying to get a cab to the airport? We were planning a leisurely breakfast onboard before leaving the ship and taking a cab for our 1:45pm flight. :confused: Now I'm confused.

I have just checked to see how many ships are docked in Miami when we leave the Port on 26th April. The website shows only the Regatta :) so I was wondering if there would be as much chaos, as suggested in the messages above, trying to get a cab to the airport? We were planning a leisurely breakfast onboard before leaving the ship and taking a cab for our 1:45pm flight. :confused: Now I'm confused.

You should be fine. Our disembarkation group earlier this month was at 8:30, and though we did have to wait in the taxi queue for a while, but we still made it to MIA with plenty of time to spare before our 11:40 and 12:15 flights (with a final mojito stop factored in :D).

You'll be assigned a departure time from the ship by O, so you may, or may not, have time for a leisurely breakfast. They run different "color/number" groups about every five minutes so the line isn't chaos leaving the ship. But take S&J's advice. It works. We've experienced it.

I cant help but think that this is much ado about nothing.

If you give the Porter an extra $20 when he takes your bags, and tell him that you need to get a cab quickly, you'll be in the car before you know it.

You'll never even see the Taxi line

Porters were directed to the end of the line :rolleyes:

With a few hundred people late getting off & trying to make their flights you can bet the porters were not getting to the head of the taxi queue

We were the only ship in port on the 16th

If custom/immigration take their time & certain people do not report to them then the ship is delayed in clearing and NOBODY gets off

The dining venues close at 8 am so not sure how leisurely your breakfast will be. ;)

Do not forget the crew may have to report to immigration as well then they have to clean up the ship for the 11 am arrivals

Believe me when the cruise is over IT IS OVER & they want you OFF

You will probably make the flight

Lyn

Believe me when the cruise is over IT IS OVER & they want you OFF

So true. We are treated like royalty for the duration of the cruise and are given the bum's rush on disembarkation day. :p

As we did not fly that day, we were placed in the last group to leave the ship. From the time our alarm went off at 6:30 it was a race to keep up with the process and be off the ship by 8:30. The line for taxis looked long, but we were in our cab within a couple of minutes.

Were were back in bed at our South Beach hotel by 9:00 AM. :)

The prearranged bus transport from Port of Miami to MIA wasn't bad (except our driver dropped us off too far from the AA terminal due to construction.) The bus was comfortable and clean and our luggage was put on and off for us. Once at MIA, you'll need to check in your own bag, but the sky caps are nearby.

Does anyone know the daily charges at the parking garage? We left our car there a few years ago for 10 days, but I can't remember the cost. We live in Hollywood,Fl, so it's not a big drive for us. Thanks.

Joan

Does anyone know the daily charges at the parking garage? We left our car there a few years ago for 10 days, but I can't remember the cost. We live in Hollywood,Fl, so it's not a big drive for us. Thanks.

Joan

$20 p/d

check the Florida forum I have seen people mention and off site parking garage that will shuttle you to/from the port less for less $$

We just came back from the Caribbean Pearls cruise and we were some of the last getting off the ship at 9:30 am given our choice and the cruise disembarkation plan. We had breakfast in the grand dining room and they let us sit in there until the announcement was made that our group could go.

It was busy but not as bad as we thought. We pre-booked transport with SuperShuttle (before we left) but had to call them to let them know what time and pier. We got put on hold for a while and had to wait for the van but it did come. We had 4 people and it was about the same price as 2 taxis. There seemed to be a lot of taxis and a couple of fellas trying to help. Incidentally, FDR and his family was also on this cruise and they all lined up like the rest of to disembark and get transportation. Pretty responsible I thought!

We disembarked in Miami on March 28 about 8:50 as we had independent arrangements and were told to go ashore whenever the ship cleared. We used Rolando Puch ph # 305-608-2898 or rolandopuch@yahoo.com as recommended by another cruisecritic poster and it was just the best. They have very nice Chrysler minivans and we were comfortable and all our luggage fit. We were more than pleased. Tell him Joy from Sugar Land sent you! j

Archived