Lisbon Cruise Terminal to Airport

Can anyone advise how to get from the Lisbon cruise terminal to the airport? I heard taxis are not that great in the honesty department but that may be hearsay. Could someone advise the cost and if they used a provate service or the aerobus? Thanks.

Can anyone advise how to get from the Lisbon cruise terminal to the airport? I heard taxis are not that great in the honesty department but that may be hearsay. Could someone advise the cost and if they used a provate service or the aerobus? Thanks.

It is a bit of a hearsay, a bad and unprofessional taxi driver can be caught everiwehere,The great majority of taxi drivers are serious, and they all know that here they may end up in prison if they cheat...

It will depend on time of arrival, because of the traffic, or because of the night fare, and if you are carrying big luggage, but I would say between 20 and 30 Euros for the taxi fare

I agree with the previous poster.

Taxi drivers in Lisboa are not particularly dishonest. While you can always run into problems, you chances of this happening in Lisboa are less than most tourist cities.

Now if you want to increase you chances of a taxi rip-off in europe, go to Praha or Athens. :)

We've ended three cruises in Lisbon and not had any trouble with taxi drivers at all. Walk out of the terminal and there should be a queue of taxis outside. The fare to the airport has always been in the region of 25€.

Happy planning,

Mands

• 3 years later...
Can anyone advise how to get from the Lisbon cruise terminal to the airport? I heard taxis are not that great in the honesty department but that may be hearsay.

Have only just seen this post. And this from a New Yorker? At least, in most European cities taxi drivers know their way around the city without having to be given directions all the way.

You are absolutely correct. This week DH got scammed between the terminal and the hotel. My advice, still take the taxi, before you get in photo is number plate, in the taxi, photo his ID badge on the windscreen, he is then going to think twice about somehow tripping the meter when we stopped from 8 euros to a display showing 25 euros

At least in China, when you are scammed the impact is only really £10

Have only just seen this post. And this from a New Yorker? At least, in most European cities taxi drivers know their way around the city without having to be given directions all the way.

Oh our clown knew his way, knew how to make it look he was going direct when he was not........

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to look at this thread from last year. We're taking the Journey out of Lisbon this September and I'm very glad I read this first. Forewarned is forearmed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1832936

Edited by dln929