Transatlantic cruise

I did one in April a few years back- on board Millenium- the Ocean was calm as a lake. Well that was the south route. The route more norhern, also called " the Titanic - Route" may be a bit more on the rough site- depends on the itinarary.

Michael

I am thinking of a transatlantic cruise next April. Wondering if anyone has done a transatlantic in April and what your thoughts are. How is the entertainment, are the seas rough? Thanks!

Have only done westbound transatlantics in the fall but the answers to your questions should be pretty much the same. Entertainment will be typical of almost any other Royal Caribbean cruise. They will likely have the standard assortment of singers, comics, jugglers, illusionists etc. Production shows will not change. They may add some lecturers to give talks on sea days. As far as weather goes, it is always iffy and will depend on specific conditions in the region where you are sailing at the time of your cruise. Seas can be smooth or rough and temperatures may be cool but will probably be moderate. There are no guarantees regardless of when you cruise. :) We love TAs and are booked on this year's 14 night westbound cruise on Jewel of the Seas and next year's 16 nighter that will take us from Harwich, UK to France, Ireland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Newfoundland before delivering us to Boston.:)

We did our TA on the Century end of April 2008 from Miami to Amsterdam. And like any other cruise, you can't guarantee the weather . It was unseasonably chilly in Burmuda and unseasonably warm in Europe that year. Only one pretty rough night.

There were lots of extra hands-on activities and classes fruit carving, painting, card games, PC apps - photo shop, iPod, etc. A lot of sales on merchandise from ports they had visited earlier in the season. Lots of excuses to have a glass of champagne.

The hard part though was losing one hour per night almost every night. Worse I think than jet lag while enduring it. But snapped to quickly once we got to this side.

Overall, we loved it. Just need the time to do it again. I'd love to go home that way.

I am thinking of a transatlantic cruise next April. Wondering if anyone has done a transatlantic in April and what your thoughts are. How is the entertainment, are the seas rough? Thanks!

The seas can be rough or they they can be calm. Entertainment the same as any other cruise with something extra sometimes.

Archived