Carnival = World's Worst Web Site

GaNavy

I liked it when you could have everyhting on one page, and then if there was a certain month you were looking at, you clicked it to highlight it. Anything in the other categories that was no longer and option were blacked out. made it a LOT easier to compare and narrow down your search if you weren't looking for specific dates.

They should go back to that way.

Agreed!!!:)

Try searching for a Disney Cruise you will learn to LOVE the Carnival website. Disney cruise site is terrible. First you can only save 4 cruises, (currently have 14 saved on carnival) second it doesnt show you all the dates for a itinerary you want to see, it makes you choose one month..what if you want to see prices for ALL months...ugh..annoying..and trying my patience, also cannot pick multiple destinations to search..only one at a time. Also if you want to change what you are searching for you have to go to the begining, unlike carnivals menu on the side. can you tell im SO annoyed right now. :)

I did like the Carnival site better when I could get it to display all the room categories at one time...from 1A on up.

I was searching once for a cruise for dh and I and when I found a great price on 1As I booked all the kids and their significant others too.

I also don't like all that add $12 per day or subtract $2 a day business.

Just tell me how much each fare is.

I played around and took my time and IMO, it is a pretty good site!

Except for the constant changing that some poor person is recommending so they can keep their job :(.

OP- you don't need to back out and re-enter all your cruise/cabin booking requests.

Just scroll up and there will be an edit key on everything you input while price quote searching.

Other OP- when you are finished inputting all the cruise quote requests, they warn you that you will lose your booking info.

I deal with it by just reducing the page and opening the booking site again.

Cumbersome, but it works in a pinch.

Hopefully this will help someone, as I wasn't too sure about the actual question/problem (gimme a break here, K? Got insomnia this week ;))

mimi

I liked it when you could have everyhting on one page, and then if there was a certain month you were looking at, you clicked it to highlight it. Anything in the other categories that was no longer and option were blacked out. made it a LOT easier to compare and narrow down your search if you weren't looking for specific dates.

They should go back to that way.

As a web developer, I view the "new" CCL site as "cute" and somewhat functional, but it is anything but "user friendly". It takes way too many "clicks" to get any useful information which will eventually deter the average user away.

I agree that the unavailable options "graying out" was a fantastic feature, and would like to see the actual prices of diff categories in a side by side comparison chart, without the "add x.xx or subtract x.xx" crap.

I use cruise dot com to narrow down all my cruise options, and once I pick a cruise I figure out whether it is cheaper thru that site or the cruise lines site. It is usually the same, but the other site sometimes offers OBC's unlike the cruise line site.

It's really hard to access what you want the first time. There are parts of the site that seem to be a secret. PaulMedic has in his signature a really great page on Carnival but I can't for the life of me find it on the site. I've "favorite"d Paul's signature to access it. Thanks Paul!

try doing a serach for 5 people a certain month out of a few different ports...after the 1st page it will switch to cruises for 2 people...you have to put in 5 people again, and redefine the ports you want...

I have become disillusioned/annoyed with their website as well. My current beef with them is the lack of real privacy. Sometimes I go to look at some current pricing and possible future cruises and go through the steps to see what rooms are available and end up later getting a call from one of their travel agents (PVP?) that I've booked with in the past. I am not interested in talking to a travel agent, nor getting emails from a travel agent. I only want to explore with the privacy of my own computer. When I am ready to book with the travel agent I will. I feel like it's Big Brother in control of my computer. Some may think it's good business practice but I don't.

Yeah, we experienced the same. We made the mistake of logging in at the tail end of our trip research and the calls started coming -- sometimes 2 and 3 a day!!! Not cool. Also got a call AFTER we booked -- guess they thought we were so satisfied that we'd like a two-fer LOL

• 4 weeks later...
try doing a serach for 5 people a certain month out of a few different ports...after the 1st page it will switch to cruises for 2 people...you have to put in 5 people again, and redefine the ports you want...

I've had this exact experience - and if it doesn't do that, it just crashes. I was searching this morning for 6-9 day cruises leaving from anywhere in October '11, it showed me one page, then when I hit "Next".....behold! the magic spinning flower/gear/whatever you want to call that spinning thing that says "Loading." That was 10 minutes ago - it's still spinning.

Soooo glad the cruises are nothing like the web site. And I bet they lose business cause of this.

Don't know about the losing business part, but I absolutely agree about the cruises.

still waiting for them to fix the deck plans part! cant access the Miracle yet

I find it easiest to just put "Miracle deck plan" in the search box. It will pull up the results. Almost always it is the first choice. Click on it and you're there. Works for every ship.

Sharon

I find the current iteration of Carnival's website to be very logical and progressive in its layout. One needs to look at it from the viewpoint of most of the folks who would visit there - first time cruiser. It is laid out in a step by step sequence which takes them by the hand and leads them through the whole process.

Those of us who hang out there often will find this slower and more cumbersome than it needs to be, but the site is not designed for us; it is designed for the general public.

As to going there and then getting a call or a message from a PVP, what do you want? The whole purpose of the site is to sell cruises. The PVP is there to sell cruises. Duh!:p

I had my nephew, who, amongst his several IT hats, designs websites look at it. He said it was logical, and worked well for him.

Doc

i've read that if you go into your carnival account and change your phone # to a made up # they obviously can't call you. Then change it back when you are interested in hearing from them. I'm in every day but they haven't called me yet. Maybe its because i'm already booked...

brilliant.....................thanks

I was searching this morning for 6-9 day cruises leaving from anywhere in October '11, it showed me one page, then when I hit "Next".....behold! the magic spinning flower/gear/whatever you want to call that spinning thing that says "Loading." That was 10 minutes ago - it's still spinning.

ONE HOUR LATER... still spinning. :mad:

I find the current iteration of Carnival's website to be very logical and progressive in its layout. One needs to look at it from the viewpoint of most of the folks who would visit there - first time cruiser. It is laid out in a step by step sequence which takes them by the hand and leads them through the whole process.

Those of us who hang out there often will find this slower and more cumbersome than it needs to be, but the site is not designed for us; it is designed for the general public.

As to going there and then getting a call or a message from a PVP, what do you want? The whole purpose of the site is to sell cruises. The PVP is there to sell cruises. Duh!:p

I had my nephew, who, amongst his several IT hats, designs websites look at it. He said it was logical, and worked well for him.

Doc

I agree, it works fine, WHEN it works - the problem is that it's very buggy and just doesn't work the way it's supposed to a lot of the time. Try searching for cruises and then going back and forth between a link to a particular cruise and your search results - a task that many first-timers would be likely to do - and it may or may not work. For me, it hasn't worked as often as it has worked (today it's failed every time), and that's a terrible performance for a consumer-oriented Web site.

As for the calls from PVPs, I guess I've lucked out, haven't had any. But thanks to caller ID, I don't answer the phone when the number is one I don't recognize - if it's important, they'll leave a message, and so far I haven't had any Carnival messages.

Love their cruises, but just despise their Web site! Every time they 'improve' it, it gets more cumbersome and harder to use.

We used to be able to look at all of the fares for a cruise at once, regardless of inside/OV/balcony/suite. Now the process is so cumbersome as to make me want to book with Royal :eek: - you can't go from price-shopping for insides to OV's or balconies without backing completely out and starting over again, and answering the same questions (# of travelers? location? deck?) each time.

Want to save some cruises in the search engine? Forget it - the save function isn't working today (probably for several days).

Want to search for more than one cruise/ship/embarkation port/etc at a time? Not so fast, my friend - that used to be easy, but now you'll stumble on the page that lets you do that only by dumb luck, and then it will crash if you're trying to modify a search you've already made.

This has been going on for MONTHS - since long before my last cruise.

If I were Carnival, there would be heads rolling in the IT department. This is about as poor as customer service gets. If they really want passengers to book online instead of through TA's (subject for another thread), they need to get their act together.

i hate their drop down boxes. they are so irratating when you want too get too something above and below them. also it has far too many links too get too '' manage my cruise ''. and i would love it if my days left worked all the time. thank god i have my countdown clock here too see that. some of their new stuff is so annoying.

Carnival's site is much better than HAL's. HAL's will give you cabin specific pricing only AFTER you fill in all your info.

i wouldnt care for that at all. does that mean you even have too put in your credit card number too see the cost :confused:.

Been trying to order OBC's for the last 2 hours... when I finally get to the checkout page, it times out before I ever get to the credit card info...

i have never been able too order from guest services even though i have had my balance paid off for months and put in all the info. i dont know what the problem is but i finally gave up and just called them too place my wine order.

Archived