How's Star Cruises for Au/NZ cruisers?

You need not worry STAR CRUISES are a good cut above P & O in every respect . Superstar VIRGO is a great ship with a great crew, entertainment and great cuisine . Good activities and water slides etch for kids .

Some very good air & cruise packages offered ex Australia, check with your TA.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

My wife and i are about to become first time cruisers, and have signed up for the Virgo out of Singapore in July. Only picked the Virgo as it fitted our timing and price criterea, along with cheap flights PER-SNG.

5 nights with a return to Singapore in the middle as has previously been mentioned. Singapore-Phuket-Langkawi-Singapore-Redang-Singapore. As first time cruisers we have nothing to compare to, so i expect it will all be wonderful to us newbies.

Several of our friends who are regular cruisers have told us this will be the start of a life time of cruising :).

Cheers

Rick

There are two outstanding A La Carte Restaurants on SS VIRGO you should visit be sure to book . (These are extra charge restaurants but very reasonable.)

NOBLE HOUSE - Chinese , Order the Peking Duck (to die for !!!)

PALAZZO - Italian, and some of the best Italian cuisine in the World. Study the art behind plate glass on the walls here . These originals are probably worth more than the ship !!!!

We cruised on the Virgo last October from Singapore. We had a package for flights, cruise and accomodation. We chose this cruise as it went to places we wanted to see and was easier than doing a land tour(no packing/unpacking) :)

The ship was great and the staff were excellent - we ate at the Palazzo one night - Versace plates, original artwork and they did a special dessert for us for our wedding anniversary. The $400.00 onboard credit helped as well. We ate at the restaurant most times as well.

Overal a good cruise which suited us for our asian trip.

Yes thank you for the info.

At one point a few years back I had looked into Star cruises.

They seem to have changed focus.

Based on whats been said we would be very disappointed and we will give them a wide berth.

However, I was interested when the point was made -

Never COSTA

Why ???:confused:

Well, I popped up here, oysterfiend, and I'm interested in your post because after the Spirit I want to do B2B Costa cruises (Dubai to Singapore and Singapore to Shanghai)!! DH does not want to go (he went to Vietnam once 40+ years ago, and that was enough!!), but I'm wondering, "will I ever want to eat Italian food again--and I love it--after those two cruises?" Will check back here for updates.....

Cheryle would love to hear feedback from your trip to Singers. We are on the Diamond in November too - (we are from hobart). I really hope the new cruise terminal is open. Let us know how you go. Can you post on the Roll Call for the cruise too, so we can all read the latest?

Cheers

Angie

Hi All, Just back from Singapore (our 7th visit in a few years). We just love the place! The new cruise terminal is nowhere near ready. In fact I was told 2014. I went to Marina South Pier and there is just so much work going on around that area. It will be amazing when it is finished, but not for a while. We were there for Anzac Day and met up with some friends that had just come back from a Costa cruise and they said never again! We saw Virgo on one day departing and she still looks amazing, but not for us anymore. We are looking forward to our Diamond Princess cruise. Princess Lines is new to us, having preferred RCCL in the past.

Cheryle

Archived