how many formal nights on long cruise?

eandme

Just wondering if anybody knew how many formal nights there would be on a 22 night cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Vancouver? Packing is getting rather complicated, but it would help if I knew how many formal nights to plan for. Thanks in advance for your help.

Based on a goodly number of longer cruises my best guess is four-five. (Probably four.) Your documents will have the count of formal/informal/casual, but even that is subject to change on board.

Figure the total number of formal plus informal will be half (or 1-2 less than half) the number of casual nights.

You don't have to have a different outfit for every formal night. As long as you meet the standard and the clothes are presentable feel free to have an encore presentation.

My cruises generally have eight formal nights. I have a long black skirt and four sparkley tops. They get recycled throughout the cruise and from year to year.

You don't have to have a different outfit for every formal night. As long as you meet the standard and the clothes are presentable feel free to have an encore presentation.

My cruises generally have eight formal nights. I have a long black skirt and four sparkley tops. They get recycled throughout the cruise and from year to year.

I do the same! :) I have learned to keep my packing to a minimum as I hate have to deal with all that luggage. I do a great deal of mix and match with dress blouses with black skirt and pants. I used to haul everything but the kitchen sink, but now I try to pack sparsely and leave room for finds along the way. ;)

I believe we had 4 formal nights on our 17 day cruise on the Amsterdam.:cool:

We have done the repositioning cruise FLL to Van three times 2001, 2002, 2003 and had 5 formal nights, 4 informal nights and 12 casual nights each time. The dress code is for men wear jackets on the formal and informal nights but ties are not necessary on the informal nights. I think they have it easier as it is pretty well spelled out for them. I have a problem with the difference between the informal and casual. I wear more dressy pant suits on the informal but not much different from my casual suits.

Archived