Shows on the Elation now?

beachbum6264

There was a Welcome Aboard show the first night. A production show "Just Rock" featuring the show band, singers & dancers the second night. The third night was the Marriage Game. The fourth night was a production show "WIN!", which is being premiered on Elation only - it's a test run for the Miracle. The fifth night was the passenger "Legends" show.

I skipped the shows on nights 3 and 5. The Marriage Game show on night 3 was replayed continually on the ship TV network thereafter - I didn't miss anything. I happened to be near the theater during rehersals for day 5 and decided, based on what I heard that afternoon, to skip that night as well. The Welcome Aboard show with the inflatable Carnival Funship is the same on every cruise. The two production shows were well done, as usual - Vegas quality.

I saw win on Elation and it was so so, not my favorite of carnival's shows, though I was glad to see a new show.

What is the theme to the "Win" show, fire? I'm thinking everything from sports to Charlie Sheen?! We're sailing 4/4, will be nice to see a new show for once.

What is the theme to the "Win" show, fire? I'm thinking everything from sports to Charlie Sheen?! We're sailing 4/4, will be nice to see a new show for once.

"Win" is loosely based on the prizes won by a contestant on a game show. Each prize results in a different set of production numbers. There's a lot of country songs/routines in the beginning (including "Sweet Home Alabama" for the Mobile cruisers). There's also a memorable Chinese/Hong Kong sequence featuring UV-type lighting and a dancing dragon. The rest of it was kind of ho-hum and it's difficult to recall the other routines. Although the show only lasted about an hour, I was getting a bad case of "chair butt ache" by the end of the production.

"Win" is loosely based on the prizes won by a contestant on a game show. Each prize results in a different set of production numbers. There's a lot of country songs/routines in the beginning (including "Sweet Home Alabama" for the Mobile cruisers). There's also a memorable Chinese/Hong Kong sequence featuring UV-type lighting and a dancing dragon. The rest of it was kind of ho-hum and it's difficult to recall the other routines. Although the show only lasted about an hour, I was getting a bad case of "chair butt ache" by the end of the production.

Thanks! Think we'll pass. "Sweet Home Alabama" makes me want to throw up every time I hear it....and I am an Alabama native :p

Archived