FOS arrival George Town, Grand Cayman

How early can you get off FOS after arriving to Grand Cayman? I understand this is a tendered port, and we are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 a.m., (ship's time, I assume.) I am wondering how long it would take to get on the pier as I am looking to book the stingray and snorkel tour with Stingray Sailing. They ask that we meet at the pier at 8:15 a.m. local time (I guess Grand Cayman time).

Has anyone done this tour before? And, has it been possible to tender and arrive at port at 8:15?

If ship time and port time are the same, it is highly unlikely you would make it to shore that fast. When the ship arrives it has to be cleared by local authorities before anybody may leave. Then the first couple tenders generally are reserved for those who booked shore excursions through RCI. I would not count on being on shore until closer to 9am ship time to be safe; it is possible you might get on shore a bit earlier than 9am, but very doubtful before 8:30.

Thanks Gonzo70. I figured that we would not make it out on time. The ship's stingray and snorkel tour is $25 pp more, so I was hoping to do this private tour. I may e-mail them to see if they adjust their time to when the ships are in port.

Rushyescrim, since US just moved their clocks forward a week or so ago, are we not on daylights saving time now? Is the ship and Cayman time the same now?

Thanks Gonzo70. I figured that we would not make it out on time. The ship's stingray and snorkel tour is $25 pp more, so I was hoping to do this private tour. I may e-mail them to see if they adjust their time to when the ships are in port.

Rushyescrim, since US just moved their clocks forward a week or so ago, are we not on daylights saving time now? Is the ship and Cayman time the same now?

If you are talking about stingraysailing dot com, they are FANTASTIC. BEST people, BEST excursion, just LOVE them to pieces!

They do understand about the time for tendering. We got off promptly, but they waited for people who didn't have our good luck. Just be aware that if they have to wait for people, it may mean a slightly shorter time out on the water.

And please, for the love of all things holy, SLATHER ON THE SUNSCREEN.

You will not realize just how direct the sunlight is down there in the Caymans. YOU WILL BURN if you do not slather it on and reapply every time you get wet.

Currently Grand Cayman is one hour behind Eastern Daylight Time. If the ships stays on local time (Florida) you will arrive at 8AM ship time, 7AM Grand Cayman time.

I think I got that right.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=377

or

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/World_Time/Current_Time.ASP?For=Georgetown+Grand+Cayman+Cayman+Islands

Archived