What exactly is allowed (and not)?

ZiggyG

Can I bring my own shampoo (I saw another thread about this not being ok) - if not, do you have to buy it on-board?

Hairdryer? Curling brush?

What else? Is there a list of yes's and no's?

Can I bring my own shampoo (I saw another thread about this not being ok) - if not, do you have to buy it on-board?

Yes you can take your own shampoo....just keep in mind the limits for carry on baggage if you are flying in. As far as electronics (hair dryer, etc), they are frowning on, and sometimes confiscating these items. My wife always takes her own hair dryer and has never had an issue.

Not sure why they would stop you from bringing your own shampoo or what you read on another thread. That's a new one to me. You won't be able to carry it on the plane if you're flying if it's over a certain size but otherwise I know of no reason that you wouldn't be able to bring it on a cruise.

Carnival has information on their website as to what passengers can and can't bring on board.

All of the above is allowed...

From Carnival:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

:)

Hi Ziggy!

If you're flying, you must pack your shampoo / liquids in your checked luggage. I always bring my own hairdryer (packed in checked luggage) too.

I don't use a curling brush, but, I think if, again, it's packed in your checked luggage - you'll be fine.

If you're bringing your alotted 750 ml bottle of wine / soda, that has to be brought on the ship in you carry-on luggage.

I'm sure others will have some other great tips to pass along :)

Happy cruising!

From the Carnival FAQ's:

A hair dryer is provided in the bathroom (Destiny, Triumph, Victory) or at the desk/vanity in the stateroom (Spirit, Pride, Legend, Conquest, Glory, Miracle, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Splendor and Dream).

Hair dryers are not provided in the staterooms of all other ships.

curling irons, I have never had trouble bringing, its household items like power cords, and fans they are objecting to.

No alcohol except for the one bottle of wine you can carry on.

Such things shouldn't be an issue unless they're in questionable condition:

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

We just got back, the shampoo and shower gel supplied worked just fine. I took my own conditioner but their shampoo did a good job. The hair dryer worked well, not too hot but a strong blow. I like mine better but that's room for another pair of shoes.

We have always brought our own surge bar/mini extension cord (primarily for DH's CPAP. It was never a prob before, but things seem to be getting more and more regulated lately.

Mach- To avoid the issue altogether, does the front desk carry and loan these out?

Curling Irons have to have an automatic shut off. IOW it must be able to power itself down.

I brought an Iron on board a long time ago but since I ironed everything before I left I didn't use it. Took it back to the store.

Hi Ziggy!

If you're flying, you must pack your shampoo / liquids in your checked luggage. I always bring my own hairdryer (packed in checked luggage) too.

I don't use a curling brush, but, I think if, again, it's packed in your checked luggage - you'll be fine.

If you're bringing your alotted 750 ml bottle of wine / soda, that has to be brought on the ship in you carry-on luggage.

I'm sure others will have some other great tips to pass along :)

Happy cruising!

Are you saying that Carnival allows passagers to bring bottles of wine and soda?

Are you saying that Carnival allows passagers to bring bottles of wine and soda?

Yes, every passenger is allowed to carry on one bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda. The operative term is carry-on. You're not supposed to pack it in your checked luggage.

I packed a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper in my suitcase last year not knowing the "carry on" rule. It got through but one of the cans burst and made a mess of my clothes. Lesson learned.

We have always brought our own surge bar/mini extension cord (primarily for DH's CPAP. It was never a prob before, but things seem to be getting more and more regulated lately.

Mach- To avoid the issue altogether, does the front desk carry and loan these out?

They used to but, according to Miami, they no longer do. There may be a few ships in the fleet that still have some but it's not the norm.

Are there restrictions on what we can bring aboard?

RESTRICTED ITEMS – SAFETY AND SECURITY POLICY

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits bringing certain items onboard. Additionally, we reserve the right to confiscate (and destroy) any articles that in our discretion are considered dangerous or pose a risk or inconvenience to the safety and security of the ship, or our guests, and no compensation will be provided.

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle (750 ml. size) per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

• Clothing irons and steamers (all Carnival ships offer laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Electrical and household appliances (i.e. coffee makers, hot plates, toasters, etc.)

• Candles

• Heating Pads

• Incense

• Hookah

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx#q-544510

Yep, one 750 ml bottle of wine per guest over the age of 21 and a 'reasonable' amount of non alcoholic beverages... this has been interpreted to mean a 12 pack per passenger.

Such things shouldn't be an issue unless they're in questionable condition:

I never even considered that I might not be able to bring a fan! I sleep with a box fan on me every night.. I can not sleep without it :( think a tiny fan new in box would be ok?

Yes, every passenger is allowed to carry on one bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda. The operative term is carry-on. You're not supposed to pack it in your checked luggage.

I packed a 12 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper in my suitcase last year not knowing the "carry on" rule. It got through but one of the cans burst and made a mess of my clothes. Lesson learned.

That would be horrible and I feel bad for you!

We also bring our own power strip with us and never had any problems bringing my hair dryer, curling iron and once I even brought hot rollers.

Archived