Photo CD with photos of wrong people! Help!

justbeachy22

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. They just returned from a cruise on NCL and purchased the photo CD ($250). Upon returning home and viewing the CD, it is all pictures of strangers!! None of them are of her family or friends.

She spoke to NCL and they are giving her a lot of "not our problem" BS and directing her to the photo images company. The only contact information NCL has (or, most likely, will provide) for the photo company is an email address. No phone number. She same email to both NCL and photo company and neither company has responded to email.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for her? She is very upset about the whole situation and, because they thought they were getting the photo CD, they didn't take as many photos on their personal camera as they normally would have.

Has this happened to anyone else? And information you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Not sure of the issue here. My understanding of the photo CDs is that they are pictures taken on the cruise and you may or may not be in the photos. Yes there would be lots of strangers in the pictures. or did they give the photo studio a memory card to burn to a CD in which case they made an error.

If they were expecting to get a CD of their cruise with just their family and friends on it I think they may have misunderstood what the CD was. I have never purchased one as I felt the cost was a little much.

There is a third scenario here is did they ask for a CD of all of the pictures that were taken of them during the cruise and available at the photo studio if this is the case then it does sound like a mistake was made and NCL customer relations should be able to give you the photo studio email address on board the ship.

Not sure of the issue here. My understanding of the photo CDs is that they are pictures taken on the cruise and you may or may not be in the photos. Yes there would be lots of strangers in the pictures. or did they give the photo studio a memory card to burn to a CD in which case they made an error.

If they were expecting to get a CD of their cruise with just their family and friends on it I think they may have misunderstood what the CD was. I have never purchased one as I felt the cost was a little much.

There is a third scenario here is did they ask for a CD of all of the pictures that were taken of them during the cruise and available at the photo studio if this is the case then it does sound like a mistake was made and NCL customer relations should be able to give you the photo studio email address on board the ship.

Hmm. Now I'm not sure. Since it was my friend and not me, I'll have to get more info from her. Based on the info she told me, she expected the CD to be ONLY her photos. The facebook page info does help, though, and I'll pass it along. THANKS!

Ok. I talked to my friend. The CD was supposed to be ONLY them. They paid $250 which would give them a CD of photos including on/off ship, around pool, family portraits, background/posed photos, etc. It was $250 regardless of how many photos the CD ended up including. Apparently they could view the photos on a kiosk using their key card.

When they got home, the CD didn't include any of their photos. It was all photos of other people.

You did not mention on which ship your friends have sailed, but from your description with viewing on kiosk etc. I think they were on the Epic. I remember they offered something like that.

In that case, the photo company is most likely Image and their website has a phone number as well.

Good luck to your friends.

On the Epic the photo CD with your own pictures on it was $349. I don't know what this $250 CD is, but I know that a "cruise memories" type of CD was also available, but it was not intended to be a family's pictures. Maybe that's what they got for $250

See info below from their Website: (I changed color of text and boldness)

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I order a reprint of a photo?

A: Click on Photo Request Form , or you may contact our Guest Services department. You will need to provide your name, address, phone number, the ship sailed on and the sailing dates. You will also need to provide us a photograph of the guest/s who are in the photos you are searching for. The photograph may be sent to us by mail, or by scanning it and emailing it as an attachment. A brief description will also need to be included, for example time, location, date, event, number of people in photograph etc. Please keep in mind, negatives are only kept for 6 weeks from the date of sailing. A purchase of $19.95 must be made. Prices are the same as those charged on the ship plus shipping costs ($5.00 average shipping charge depending on location).

Q: How do I order a copy of a video or DVD I did not purchase on a recent cruise?

A: Click on Video/DVD Request Form , or you may contact our Guest Services department either by phone, fax or email. You will need to provide us with your contact and payment information. Once this is received, we will be more than happy to send you your video/DVD. Please keep in mind that videos are only kept for 6 months from the sailing date.

Note: All sales are final. We do not offer refunds unless we cannot replace the faulty video/DVD.

Q: The video or DVD I purchased on a recent cruise did not work when I got it home. How do I arrange for a replacement?

A: Click on Video/DVD Request Form , or you may contact our Guest Services department either by phone, fax or email. You will need to provide us with you contact information and a receipt of the purchase. Once this is received, we will be more than happy in arranging a replacement. Please keep in mind that videos are only kept for 6 months from the sailing date.

Note: All sales are final. We do not offer refunds unless we cannot replace the faulty video.

Q: How do I get a copyright release for photos that I purchased on a recent cruise?

A: Click on Photo Copyright Release Form . You may also contact our Guest Services department via email or phone. You will need to provide your name and the ship you sailed on. Copyright release can only be sent by email or by regular mail (you must send us a self addressed stamped envelope). When using regular mail, the release is usually processed and mailed out in 2-3 days once the self-addressed envelope and request are received.

If you are a guest interested in ordering:

photos

dvd's

copyright releases

Please contact the Miami office at 1.800.772.3470 or customerservice@imageservices.com.

PO Box 10310 APO

Grand Cayman

Cayman Islands

Phone 345.945.3737

Fax 345.945.3782

Image Photo Services, Inc.

2085 NW 87th Ave, Suite A

Miami, FL 33172 USA

Phone 305.476.3666 or

Fax 305.476.3663

Archived