Has anyone here flown recently?..

kelkel2

I's not. I don't want it in my carry on. I want it in my checked luggage, but Delta is saying it's no longer allowed. :( The Delta rep told me no aerosols, even in checked according to TSA. I'm just wondering when this changed?

It did not change but if one is looking quickly at the list of prohibited items on the TSA website, it does make it seem that all aerosols are prohibited -- you have to look more closely to see the parenthetical remark that personal care items/toiletries/whatever are excepted from the ban. Really. Trust me. You'll be fine. Don't listen to the Delta person -- they're probably sitting in Bangalore, India, and have no idea what the TSA even is.

I flew two weeks ago and no mention was made of banning anything in checked luggage. As an added protection for your clothes, I would put any aerosol or pump sprays in zip-loc bags in the checked luggage, just in case. As has already been mentioned, there are restrictions on any type of liquid in carry-on bags.

It did not change but if one is looking quickly at the list of prohibited items on the TSA website, it does make it seem that all aerosols are prohibited -- you have to look more closely to see the parenthetical remark that personal care items/toiletries/whatever are excepted from the ban. Really. Trust me. You'll be fine. Don't listen to the Delta person -- they're probably sitting in Bangalore, India, and have no idea what the TSA even is.

Thank you! All I was trying to figure out was that vague remark, and clarifying if truly ALL were banned or not? I've never really given it much thought since this is the first time I've tried flying with aerosols.

Thank you! All I was trying to figure out was that vague remark, and clarifying if truly ALL were banned or not? I've never really given it much thought since this is the first time I've tried flying with aerosols.

I fly Delta all the time and frequently have aerosol hairspray and aerosol sunscreen in my checked bag. I have never had any problems whatsoever. The Delta rep who told you "no aerosols" probably has no idea what specifically the TSA allows or doesn't allow so just said "no aerosols" as a precaution.

I think more of hairspray that is aerosol that was popular in the 80's. I know it is still out there but most have moved to non-aerosol. Remember aquanet - that was aerosol.

Maybe it's a regional thing? There are actually still quite a few brands of aerosol hairspray on the market. White Rain, Dove, Pantene, Paul Mitchell, Suave all still sell aerosol hair spray and probably companies do as well. Those are just a few I know for sure. :)

Archived