Open Booking Discount BEWARE

9CE

I emailed Seabourn about the amount of deposit and received the following reply

Thanks for your inquiry. We have recently reduced the amount for an on board booking from $1000 to $500.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Robert Anderson

Seabourn

800-929-9595 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 800-929-9595 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

EMAIL:seareservations@seabourn.comSeabourn.com.

Hope this clears it up

John

Dear John

Forgive the over-familiarity! In the light of the different things we all seem to be being told by Seabourn and Mr Anderson, can you help to clarify by advising when your email was sent to him and date of his reply copied above?

Many thanks

This is a copy of my original message to Seabourn

"

Message: I have read recently that on board booking now require only $500 deposit , although others say it is $1000. Could you please confirm what is correct.

"

Hope this helps

John

• 4 weeks later...

I think as we are all aware, Seabourn has been going through some major changes, and one of them is how they handle deposits towards future cruises. I just got off of the Odyssey, had an incredible time, and put down $1000, $500 on my club number and $500 on my wife's, and this was explained that it will now be attached to our club numbers to be used towards a future cruise. I like this much more than just the open bookings they used to do, because not only is it valid for 4 years now instead of 2 years, it also allows them to immediately apply my 5% discount to my next cruise, where as before it would sometimes take days for them to have the discount applied. I, for one, think they are making some incredible improvements, and am certain I will never choose another cruise line over Seabourn. They will have my loyalty forever.

Had a great time on our second Seabourn Cruise last year and decided to part with £500 to secure a 5% open booking discount for this year.

In process of booking and very unhappy to be told that discount applies to a "specific" (single) booking. We travel as a family of four and take two staterooms but each is treated as a seperate booking!?

Contacted Seabourn who were initially sympathetic but then said "can't be done" to idea that as returning customers, who had travelled on same basis before, the discount should apply to both staterooms.

This leaves a "very bad taste", though I suppose there is nothing to stop me giving two deposits if we think that we'll return in 2012.

Happy to have your comments.

Also beware - if you book two separate cruises on special offers (rather one longer cruise), you need TWO open bookings. Previously, Seabourn would apply one open booking to back-to-back cruises. The times they are a changing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also beware - if you book two separate cruises on special offers (rather one longer cruise), you need TWO open bookings. Previously, Seabourn would apply one open booking to back-to-back cruises. The times they are a changing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't booked a BtoB on Seabourn with an open booking (what is now going to be FCD), but just did a BtoB cruise on a regular booking. It was one deposit and the two cruises were booked as one at a discount. If I had booked the two cruises as separarte cruises, I would have paid two deposits and the two (now separate) bookings would have cost more.

We cruise HAL, Princess and Seabourn and it looks like Seabourn is adopting the Future Cruise Credit/Deposit (in place of the open booking) model used by both Princess and HAL...that is, if you book a BtoB it will take one FCDeposit for each of the first two passengers in the suite for the full BtoB deposit, but the two cruises will be treated as one cruise....you have to do the whole BtoB, not just one part (can't change your mind later with out having to redo the booking). If you want the option of dropping one part of the BtoB, you will have to make two separate bookings and that will take a total of 4 FCD for the two cruises for the 2 passengers. In reality I don't think there is much of a change...just the name and how it is posted.

At the moment Seabourn is changing everything, I think they don't even know their own stuff. (Miami --> Seattle and Holland America is probably the reason.)

I made an open booking also in April (24th) and had to pay 700 Euro. Odyssey. Could there be a difference between the sisters and the new ships?

Well, I don't care because I'll be on in Sept again.

Wish all of us some clarification. And thanks to tose who tried so far.

Archived