Celebrity bags on sale

Gingee

I ordered a couple things for our upcoming cruise. They have the Celebrity small bags for sale (so they say) for $9.99. Not big bags but the type you would throw some things in for maybe a beach or pool event.

I ordered a couple things for our upcoming cruise. They have the Celebrity small bags for sale (so they say) for $9.99. Not big bags but the type you would throw some things in for maybe a beach or pool event.

If you are referring tote bags, you may receive a couple of free ones on your cruise.

There are several kinds of Celebrity tote bags. The off-white canvas bag shown on the gift order form is sometimes given to suite passengers and concierge class passengers, while a blue, paper-like bag is placed in standard staterooms. But there have also been purse sized bags which fold out to make a tote bag on some cruises. You don't have to be a repeat customer to get some kind of bag. This canvas bag may not be the one you get in your stateroom.

The bags are based on the room, not on how many times you've sailed with Celebrity. We've gotten them since day 1. The blue ones that you get in concierge class rooms are handy for lots of things because they have a zipper. Will actually have to remember to tuck one in my suitcase this time as I'm not sailing CC for the first time. Didn't see the point since all balcony staterooms are the same size on this ship.

P.S. Just went and checked online because I was curious to see what you would get. The one I saw is different from the ones that come with the cabins, so you probably won't be confusing your bag with all the other ones out there!

Gingee,

The tote bags you ordered are very nice and you got them for a great price, so don't be bummed out!! :)

I believe all cabins receive the thin, navy blue tote bags that are made of fabric similar to what many supermarket reusable bags are made of - and a word of caution - when those get wet, the navy color can run and stain :eek: !! One per cabin, not per cabin occupant.

On our Equinox 1.28.11 Caribbean sailing, Concierge Class cabins received a large, navy nylon tote with imitation brown leather trim that comes in a matching zip pouch - again, one per cabin, not per cabin occupant!

Hope this helps!

Jill

So you think I should keep my order huh?

Yes - I would!!! The ones you ordered zip and have an outer pocket. Very nice looking and, as I stated earlier, you got a great price!

Jill

On our Equinox 1.28.11 Caribbean sailing, Concierge Class cabins received a large, navy nylon tote with imitation brown leather trim that comes in a matching zip pouch - again, one per cabin, not per cabin occupant!

Hope this helps!

Jill

We've always received one for each guest. As I said before, these bags are handy for lots of stuff. I use mine all the time. One of them just corrals stuff I only use when traveling.

Just came back from Solstice and we got one bag in room and asked for another one which we received fairly quickly. They were large enough to carry the beach towel they provide for certain shore excursions which include beach trips.

All staterooms get some sort of bag. The minimum you will get is a papery-thin blue bag, sort of like what some grocery stores offer for re-usable bags. Some classes of staterooms get a sturdier bag, or a plastic beach bag. And some levels of repeat cruisers may get a different kind of bag. But everyone gets something. Also, the canvas tote bag which is being sold on the website has sometimes been given as a prize in trivia or charades or some other on-board game. It may be a discontinued item, as none was given as a prize during any game on Eclipse in March.

Gingee,

The tote bags you ordered are very nice and you got them for a great price, so don't be bummed out!! :)

I believe all cabins receive the thin, navy blue tote bags that are made of fabric similar to what many supermarket reusable bags are made of - and a word of caution - when those get wet, the navy color can run and stain :eek: !! One per cabin, not per cabin occupant.

Hope this helps!

Jill

When I sailed with DH there was one per cabin. When I sail with friends and relatives we each received a tote (Sky Suites and Concierge).

Gingee,

Hope this helps!

Jill

I have several of the blue/pouch type bags; I don't find them very convenient. Yes, they do have a zipper, but everything falls to the bottom. It would be nice if it said Celebrity or had an =x= on the bag, not the pouch flap, and if there was a pocket or two. I do use them, if nothing else is available, but the addition of a shoulder length strap or a couple of pockets would make them much more convenient.

I hope we get something new on the Silhouette this fall.

The large cream zip up bag with pocket on the side, you can also win during the trivia quizzes on board. If you're up for a challenge. I got one and (Amongst other things), hats, tags, flip flops, magic 8 balls and t-shirts. Just a different way of getting them if you're into the quizzes and games ;)

The bags free in the cabins tend to be a bit useless really, they're quite papery material and don't hold much, but are fine i suppose to just put a towel in for the excursions. I didn't get one in Alaska but did in the Caribbean, so it might depend on where you are and if they think you'll need them.

Gemma

Archived