Luau on Oahu

Missouri travel girl

I have done Germaines and Paradise cove. Germaines was much better in my opinion. At Paradise cove you have different levels of service. The more you pay the better seats you have, food, service etc. Germaines has one price and everyone is treated the same.....wonderful. Also, my mom is legally blind, Paradise cove said if she needed to sit in the front row to be able to see she would need to pay for the most expensive package. Germaines seated her in the front row for no additional charge.

How you are treated has a lot to do with things too. My money is with Germaines.

Edited by Umbarger

We were in Honolulu in September and went to Chief's luau at Sea Life Park. We absolutely loved it. I know you can get transportation to it, although we had a car rental for that day. You can swim with the dolphins in the afternoon if you like and then go to the luau in the evening. The food was ok, but the entertainment amazing. It is a little smaller than some of the others too so a little more intimate. We are cruising to Hawaii again in 2015 and I know we will go there again.

Connie

I too LOVED this luau. We headed to Sea Life Park to attend the Chief's Luau in January. Here is some of the review I posted on TripAdvisor:

I felt the Chief was humorous, talented and genuine. The show was fantastic, and the food was good. Definitely enjoyed what was served, and the advice of bringing a light sweater should not be over looked if you get chilled easy. I was fine, but my mother was freezing. The views, the fire dancers and the hospitality were all excellent.

We had the Royal package, but I think unless you would like to be brought up on stage, the additional expense wasn't necessary. Table service, was just plates made from the buffet for you, so I could have picked what I wanted rather than not eating some of what they brought me.

Truly happy to have experienced this, and would return to this luau as it felt more intimate and like family. I know that the original luau's were for family, and due to commercialization, many have lost that feel. In addition, the setting is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!

Enjoy your trip!